"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday snap...mash-up version...


....just so much happening here, not all good but bearable.  Have a few photos that I want to share;


 you know Miss M and I have an agreement that I can take one (1) and only one photo of her when we are together.  I asked her if she was ready and she agreed, then sunk down to the floor and this is what was in her place.  Little sneak!
hubby and I didn't have the funds to 'celebrate' our anniversary in style but we did have a coupon for a free cupcake...red velvet, my favourite.  It was a good day anyway, 42 years is pretty good right?
 I made this cranberry upside cake for Thanksgiving dinner, easy-peasy and pretty too.
one should always have a goal.  Mine has been to get the back room, craft room, dressing room, overflow room and whatever else it is under control.  This is where I am at after five hours of sorting.  Several boxes to go to different places, thrift store, nursing home, and senior center.  Making progress.

 she didn't know I was peeking!

Have a wonderful week friends.   Be safe, be healthy, be strong, and be grateful...;j

3 comments:

  1. Those words, they are so fitting for so many of us , and if we live with at least one at a time, will be doing well. Anniversary, well done, I think we are a breed that is nearly extinct, those who married and are still together. At some 50 years, I mentioned to our daughter that I deserved a medal.Hugh was very quick to reply," Don't you think I should get one as well". Enjoy the wee cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the recipe for the cranberry upside down cake? Thanks for visiting, one joanne to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forty-two years is fantastic! Congratulations!
    Miss M is a cutie!
    Hope you all have a blessed week, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...