"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

wordy wednesday...

...I am so slow getting to post today, you don't want to know, trust me on that one.  But I will say we are all safe and sound so it's just a bunch of little stuff and that I can manage.

A few weeks ago I signed up for a "Pocket Letters" swap with Deb at Garage Sale Gal.  It was so kind of her to host this swap and let me say that it was a fun one.  I didn't know a darn thing about pocket letters so my contribution was feeble at best, with apologies to my swap partner Olivia at Olivia's Creative Quest.  She has been very patient with me, thank you.  And now for the goodies that Olivia sent/swapped with me.   Are you ready for this???  did you know just how much you could squeeze into those pockets???  Well, here you go;




these were all the goodies NOT included in the pockets.  A mug warmer Santa, sweet little tags, several paper clips hand decorated, a coaster and a lovely note.

here are a few 'pockets,' with more tags, beautiful papers...well you look and see..

and more...

even more, it's amazing.  This obviously isn't Olivia's first go round with these pockets!

even some pretty glitter, some tea, and some very good smelling tea at that.  Can't wait to try it. 

whoops, side-ways.  I can't wait to take a few more minutes to check it all out,  I'm sure I have over-looked a few things that are hiding in there.      



 Thank you so much Olivia, and Deb.  This was a very nice change for me and something I really needed to occupy my thoughts for a few weeks.  Now I am going to find more pockets letter swaps to join and hone my pocketing skills.  Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Oliva is a wonderful partner. She makes wonderful pocket letters and is generous with the goodies she sends.
    The one you made her is good for your first one. I should have told you it's a 9 pocket letter. Sorry.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, The pocket things look so fun. Deb sure is good at making some the cutest things ever. I hope you are doing well and enjoying this wonderful time of the year. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like fun!!! So many little treasures to play with.
    I hope you are not suffering from these storms that have been hitting WA and OR. We got another 10 inches or so snow today added to the foot we already had.

    I am so grateful for the snow because our drought was getting severe and I was wondering how I was going to water the garden for another year :)))

    Wishing you the merriest Christmas ever my dear friend!!!

    sending love...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...