"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, July 29, 2010

And the other thing...



...I realize that my last post was rather "Seinfeldian," but sometimes I get a little overwhelmed and when I try to get everything in order and down in a sensible manner well...I get all random.  It's just how I roll.

Life has recently handed me (us) a couple of new curveballs and learning to find the new normal has been a rocky climb.  You know life...full of challenges and surprises, moments of sheer joy and unspeakable delight, and in a flash you feel like you are engaged in a battle for your life.  And sometimes you are.

I am fine and we will find a way to embrace the sacred moments of our lives and ask for Grace for this new road.  Thanks for your concern.  Let's move on now shall we?

I am loving the new 'design' feature in blogger and I must admit I have spent more than a few hours playing with the templates!  Problem is that I have issues with indecision and have changed the backroud at least ten times in the last few days.  Gah, pick something and stick with it already.

Today we were fortunate enough to see our first grandbaby's ultrasound.  Sweet.  The little stinker was being shy so we will have to wait another four weeks to find out what name we will be calling him/her.  Ultrasound has come a l-o-n-g way in the last 30years!

and the other thing?  Today my sweet daughter-in-law Lauren kicks off cake season.   Happy Birthday Lauren, may your year be Blessed with much happiness, good health, a beautiful baby, and immeasurable love.  We are so happy that you chose to be part of our family.  Love you sweet girl.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the mother of your precious babe-to-be! Take your pleasures in the day-to-day life knowing there is little you can do about the current economy and the challenges it presents to those of us unlucky enough to be struggling to just make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lauren!
    Just found your lovely blog...so glad I stopped by. I look forward to following along with you on life's many adventures!!!
    Smiles Friend,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday Lauren. One of the fun things about the blog world is getting birthday wishes for several days! And I know when the time is right your shy little one will reveal his/her identity. It's so amazing just to see how incredible the ultrasounds are now. Technology is an awesome thing.

    JoJo just keep being you. And if you feel like changing your templates every twelve minutes... well, I won't feel so alone! I, too, have been having fun being something other than just black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like Seinfeld, ha! Your posts are precious to me. Happy Birthday to your DIL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *ahem... I haven't done this in a long while but... here we go* Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear lauren
    Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu

    I like how the blog looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lauren. I too love your MIL very dearly. Can't wait to see what sweet little baby you are to bring into this world. You have made Jojo, a very happy woman!! When Jojo is happy, I am happy!!!

    Jojo, change your blog as often as you want to. I have liked them all so far!! LOL.

    I have been in a blogging dump. I so need to get out of it, but i have not had a lot to say. You know? Things are painful in my body right now. I hate to get on and just complain, you know? But I also have a lot to be happy for. I have healthy and beautiful children and grandchildren!! I have a roof over my head for now, and some dear blooging friends that I love. David has been out on a Sick Leave of Absence since end of April, so finances have been horrible!!

    ILY!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seinfeldian--- now I HAVE to read that post! Great term!

    Love the birthday homage too!

    Congrats Jo on your new baby appearance. That is totally a blessing.

    I will keep you in high thoughts for grace and
    understanding in all things.

    love,kelee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning.......haven't stopped by in a while....so popped in to say hi. New grandma....huh???? that is the best. Happy birthday to the new mama too.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean. Life is what it is. You have ups and downs, and your best to just roll with the punches. Congrats on the grandkid!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw.... that's lovely....!

    Happy Birthday, Lauren. You have a wonderful mother-in-law. ;-)

    JoJo, you have a wonderfu blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Lauren! I love the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darn it that you don't yet know the baby's sex but really, it won't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. G'eve Jojo ~ Congrats on the pending bundle of blue joy. May your di-love have a blessed birthday.

    Glad to know you are ok ... I forget to check back in on you a couple weeks ago.

    Don't miss our giveaway ~
    Have a beautiful summer's eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...