"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Information Society...


...I've been thinking about this post for days.  What I was going to say, how I would say it, word it.  Whether or not I would remember all the things I need to purge from my mind.  Should I just jump in or maybe it's time to jump out...I don't know, I didn't realize that I would have to start somewhere.  hmmmmmm...

recently I read a post that was so moving to me.  Deb always has a way of speaking to my spirit and calming my soul.  She has the most wonderful outlook on life despite some very real and surprising difficulties.  I always leave there wishing that I had her photography talent and her gift of words.  

After three years and 400+ posts I still feel that I really have nothing to say. I know how strange that sounds but looking back I don't think that I have shared the things I imagined I would when I started blogging.  I usually keep things lite and rarely share much of the real me.  Not that I don't want to.  There are things that need to be shared, need to be put to paper for that someday when my grand-children see this.  So much to explain, so difficult to do so.  Why?

I hesitate to bring up some things in my life that are truly difficult to understand, difficult to explore, difficult to dig through the emotion and bring it all to fruition.  It would be easy enough to do here in blogland...just put it all out there, afterall, they are just words without meaning when we don't know who we are.  But there's the rub.  Some of you do know me.  My children come here and I have yet to share many of these things with them.  It would be so much easier if I had nothing invested here.  Or would it?

I am desperately trying to find balance, in every sense of the word.  Physically, I am struggling and mentally...well...it's a crazy mess in there!  I will be working through some things here, both on the blog and in my life.  There will be some changes coming, more of the real me and more of the old me.  I want you to leave here thinking that I have touched your spirit in a tender way and made your heart smile.

See you in a few days~~

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts and I will be looking forward to reading all you put out in the future.

    You will get it all pulled together and be able to blog about just what you want to. Blogging is a wonderful outlet sometimes and I have found great support and encouragement among my blogging friends.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers and I am looking forward to your next post. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit cryptic and mystical today...that's ok.
    I look at my blog to share different things but none the too personal. Because as for me, moi, I tend to not be the sharing type of person. It's ok that you cannot express them either here or in the real world. Maybe write them down on paper and then throw them away. Could be very therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your words as well, and hope that you continue to share. Blogging is somewhat therapeutic for me most of the time. I want to be clever and funny but I have trouble most days finding anything "interesting" to say! Keep on writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jojo,
    I knew that something was not right with you from some of your posts and from your comments that you leave on my blog.
    If life has become overwhelming, please don't use blogging as therapy. It's a wonderful venue and you can share so much with others, but it's not a substitute for professional help. Bloggers are not experts on your frame of mind. They may say nice things and give you advice, but it's only support and encouragement (which has it's place) but it's not the council you may need.
    You are an intelligent lady and deserve a life that is happy and fulfilling.

    ...I stopped writing this comment and went back to read some of your older posts. You are a really good writer and your ideas are wonderful. Please continue to blog. We need to hear what Jojo has to say....
    I, for one, care a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoJo, always write for yourself. Write from your heart, and don't worry about what you think people want to hear. I have found with my blog that I have been writing what I think people want to hear, rather than what I want to write about, and it has been a mistake. No one reads my blog anymore. It's very strange. I am going to go back to being "me".

    We cannot always be light and upbeat. Life is a four-letter word, and we all walk through life basically the same way.

    Just be yourself. People life you for who you are, not who they want you to be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make my heart smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am hesitant about sharing some things. I've always tried to be positive in the vibes I send out into the blogsphere and frankly, when things are going on in my life that are painful or disconcerting is when I've written some of my most fun posts. I find blogging to be a way to take me away from daily cares and problems to happier times and more carefree places while I digest whatever is going on in my 'real' world.

    So you go, JoJo! You write what you need and when you need and let us decide whether or not you have something to say. You'd be surprised at the things you say that have touched some folks like myself. You may not think you've said much but to someone else it may be a profound revelation.

    Always you are in my thoughts and here's a big ((((((((HUG))))))).

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms JoJo, You know I took a good deal of time of from blogging to do some introspective work on.. well, me. I had a wonderful blog for a long time and shut it down one moment as someone clearly overstepped their bounds and didn't know what "stay away" meant. They were not wanted there nor do I want them in my life. I have gone on to figure out why it bothered me as it did and made my peace with it. I look at my blog like this. It's mine, to do as I wish, to speak as I may and to be true to who I am. There are a ton of "fluff" blogs out there. There are also millions of not fluff blogs. LIFE is HARD at best most days for many and I think we all just want a place to purge, to know we are not alone and to be respected for how we feel without being judged or labeled because of a moment in time. Those who judge me the harshest, well let me tell you something, THEY know me the least. I say speak your mind. No one is perfect and we all have our own way of venting, laughing, sharing, withholding whatever we want. Some will like, others won't. But YOU, you my friend will feel better for having slayed the dragon and found a place to lay your troubles down.

    Mucho HUGS for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoJo
    Coming by to visit you is always an important part of blogging for me. So much have I enjoyed you and your post. I wish I knew what to say but I know where your coming from and we are all here for you so just lean on us whenever you need to.
    I understand the part about the kids too..I hate that mine read my site...terrible of me to say but since I found out they do I seem to hold back. lol
    I know your thinking Maggie holding back Jeezzzzzzzzz
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...