"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

flowers and lightning...

...a few weeks ago I decided to figure out what all the little icons are on my sweet little point and shoot camera.  Not that I have any problem with the pointing~shooting~picture  aspect, in fact, I love that it can be so simple to take a decent picture.  But, and there is always a but, I wanted to take better close-ups and after deciding that it wasn't the user but the equipment, I went on a search.

In all the information I found, the secret to a good close-up seemed to be directly related to the "flower" button.  Hmmm,  I searced high and low and the closest thing I could find was the "landscape" mode.  Really no help at all.  Then low and behold while sitting out on the deck playing with the settings I spied the elusive "flower" button.  Cool. 






Clearly, there is a learning curve!  Now if I can just figure out what the "lightning bolt" is for!

19 comments:

  1. Great shots of the flower. Glad you are getting some of those buttons figured out. I will be looking to see more great pictures. Keep enjoying your camera. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. amazing shots. glad you are enjoying your camera, therefore we enjoy the result! win-win!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lightning bolt is your flash no? You click it for flash, no flash, red eye etc.... take a look and see. Your picture is beautiful! T

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Tazzy said. I have had my camera for a couple of years, and still have to have the kids 'fix' it whenever they are around!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it JoJo! Keep up the great work. On my little point and shoot the lightening bolt the flash.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now you made me look at my camera. I found an "active child" button!!!! I am really excited! I just know how to zoom in and out ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jojo. I know what you mean...it took me awhile to find out that the bolt meant my flash.hehe I guess that is one of the reasons that they give us a manual.LOL!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flower photos, the flower icon is a macro setting, great for close-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoJo, those are wonnnnnnnnderful...! You have a good eye.

    If you find out what the lightning bolt is, please let me know, because I have one too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You honey are too funny.
    I have the same problem with everything new and it is old by the time I figure it out. lol
    Is the lightnenig bolt the flash..who knows..haha
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are wonderful photos! keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I so love my "flower" setting too! Those macro shots are superb! But I ALWAYS stay away from the "lightening bolt" (flash), it's so unforgiving and I find it makes everything look a little too stark! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are doing great...love those photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know that either - thanks for the help. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LOVE those shots!! beautiful!!

    I think the lightening bolt has something to do with your flash...

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES! It is all in the flower button, Jo. And using NO flash.

    Thats all I do. Not to say my images are incredible. but, it works for me.

    VERY pretty flower pic you did!

    Have a lovely week!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice shots! I'm just learning, by trial and error, too. It's a lot of fun! La

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you just love experimenting with new things when you find them??? I get such a kick out of "discovering", and it is amazing how you can get a whole new surge of creativity when you do! Lovely photos, dear heart.

    Hugs and love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mauve blossom, totally beautiful, lightning bolt, maybe next time. Cheers,Jean

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...