"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, July 16, 2015

when mother nature calls...

...several months ago, I'm thinking January, before I had my first surgery of this year, hubby took me out thrifting.  I came across this odd looking ceramic container with one handle.  It was in the garden section and even marked 'garden decor.'  I thought it quite unusual and mulled over all the possibilities it would hold.
as I checked it over I realized that it had three separate pieces and it was becoming more mysterious to me as to what they were.

It was pristine clean and I had no problem setting it on the edge of my desk/counter for a few days while I pondered what to plant in it.

then one afternoon my son came by and as son's often do he chuckled when he saw it and asked me in a completely astonished voice, "why do you have a chamber pot sitting on the end of your counter?"   O.K.  well then I guess there really is no reason not to use it as a planter.
 

5 comments:

  1. A perfect receptacle for your flowers, look at the embossed pattern. Wow, I wonder how old this is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking to myself it looked like a chamber pot before I read what your son said. Of course it makes a great planter, and if times call for it, your planter can again become a chamber pot ! Dual purpose planter, a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calli and I had a good giggle on this post!!!! yes!!!! It will make a wonderful planter! As I have never seen a chamber pot before, I would have no idea what it was either! thank goodness for your son!!!!

    I sure hope you are enjoying your summer! our hot weather has arrived and our a/c broke. It needs to be replaced so no a/c this year! It is over 90 for the second time (yesterday being the first) this summer. Thank goodness for fans and attic fans!!!

    love ya!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha..well now according old Irish sayings, you cannot be considered poor... when you are really poor you don't even have a pot to pee in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i have an old chamber pot in the antique potty chair but it's very plain[German] and has no lid, so I thought this might be a pot pourri pot but I didn't realize how large it is!
    It makes a lovely planter, enjoy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...