"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, December 18, 2014

is that a target on my head?


courtesy; "thoughts from alice."




Well, well, well, it's been such a long time since I've posted I wonder if I remember how this thing works.  After a month with no computer I wasn't sure.  The first week was the hardest with the withdrawals but then I figured out that my old kindle could get fb and occasionally a blog or two.  No way to leave comments though which was a problem even before my computer went on vacation.  Still having problems with comments, so sorry, I really do miss being able to converse with you all, a times you are virtually my life-line.

Let me catch you up, short version, so M and H will have note of this.  Hubby was t-boned just before Turkey day, he's fine and we added another blessing to our table.  Then he got a $200 speeding ticket in our rental car, yes he did.  The day our rental car was being turned back over we were again hit, no injuries but now we feel like targets.  Our computer went on extended leave of absence, or new vacuum died, my phone fell into a million pieces, aaaaaannnnnndddd here we are, the middle of December trying to find our Christmas tree, it's in the garage somewhere, and take down our Halloween decor.  Oh, and I won't even mention that I don't have a prosthesis so I'm not getting around much, but then, I won't mention THAT!

So, tell me please, how have you been?  Ready for the holidays?  It's 10pm do you know where your Christmas tree is??  Inquiring minds and all...

Happy Hanukkah to my wonderful Jewish friends and my beautiful little grandgirl who completes my heart.  Be well friends.

6 comments:

  1. The tree is still in a box, decorations ditto, not a single present wrapped, and so many more still in the shop, but which shop? is there one that has that handy "disabled Parking" sign outside? My cards have not been done, but I am phoning dear close friends and family instead .Hugh sat on the ride-on mower today, and when I walked out to the mail box, he waved me over. " Can you please pick up my crutches over there? I went under the cherry tree and they are both broken"!!!! We have a spare pair, thankfully. And your tree of books, truly lovely. Take care, never mind the car upsets, tomorrow might seem better for both of us. Fond hugs, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year will be better, won't it? I am thankful that my speeding ticket was dropped to a warning and no fine was involved. Still pretty miserable with shingles and no tree going up. My dad is feeling better and I am thankful that he has a beautiful tree up and will enjoy a wonderful Christmas with my step family. I am not allowed to be around him with my shingles. I confess that I thankful for the down time .......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you today and thought I needed to come hunt you down if I couldn't find a post from you...whooo--and here you are.

    Wow- That is a string of bad luck! Seriously bad luck! Well, now you have it all out of the way so the new year can be a better one.

    I am not ready for Christmas at all this Season- I am so far behind and I have had this terrible hacking cough for almost two solid weeks. Meds don't seem to help so not sure what is going on with that.

    Ummm...if I might be so indelicate---WHERE is your leg? It's easier to spell than prosthesis. lol That is NOT a good thing!

    Hope this next week is full of joy and that you get to spend some time with your sweet grandgirl.

    Take good care -you are in my prayers. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I agree with Diana it's all out of the way now and maybe things will settle down. I didn't do much at all this year. Just not feeling it. The Christmasy part. Wonderful birth of Jesus yes, but not the rest. Going through a panicky period here and why I do not know. I have seen you on FB, so I didn't know you were without a computer. I'd be lost. You guys are my life line, seriously! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear oh dear, I just read this..I am so sorry to hear of such troubles and glad your husband is Ok but good Lord that's a lot of trouble!
    May 2015 bring you blessings and SAFER travels <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your run of bad luck. Hope your holidays were good!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...