"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, December 3, 2014



...I can pretty much guarantee that this post is going to be all over the place.  From Monday snap, to Tuesday tid-bits, and even Wednesday whine, you are in for a bit of it all.


Monday, this would be the only 'snap' I got on Thanksgiving.  My grandgirl showing off her mad balancing skilz.  That's a dinner roll on her head and as far as I know that was the only thing she ate.

We had a very nice, relaxing evening, hosted by my son this year.  It just included the four grandparents and his family.  Nevertheless we had a great time visiting and catching up with my son's in-laws who just happen to be a couple of the most generous of heart people we know.  Of course Miss M was in grand fashion and entertaining.  This was our first all vegetarian Thanksgiving and was delicious.  While I did miss the smell of the turkey roasting and gravy everything turned out well.   Of course I had to roast a turkey over the weekend just because...

Tuesday and it's tid-bits. How is it possible that December came barging in on us so quickly.  Perhaps the retailers non-stop "Christmas" events since before Halloween have something to do with it.  I am already tired of the seasons movies, commercials, news, that I have my radio set to '80s first wave music and have very little to do with the tele.   

    *about a month ago the hubby was t-boned on his way home from work. He was checked out by paramedics at the scene and sent home, not so much the car.  Although not totalled, which is nice since it was new to us, it has taken them awhile to get it finished.  Picked it up today and as we were turning our rental car in someone rammed us and now it's dented.  Another day another claim, I guess we will be shopping for insurance next year.  Thing with the first one, all the traffic lights were out, there were no witnesses, and  both had the same insurance so no tickets were issued and our deductible was halved.  We don't know who hit us the second time so it's all on us.  Yay, Merry Christmas.

    * I am lacking in the Christmas spirit department and if I was to tell the truth we still have Halloween decorations up on the front porch.  I should probably do something about that ya think?

and now for the whine.  I have been unable to comment on many of your blogs, they get sent back to me as undeliverable.  I have tried the e-mail route to get my comments to you and that also is not working.  In fact there seems to be some problem with yahoo and gmail accounts...they must be arguing...as the one thing I have found in common is that those of you with gmail accounts are the ones I can't leave comments on.  I don't quite know what to do about that as my comments to you are very important to me and I want you to know I was there.  I am going to try a different server 'Comcast" and see if it works.  So if you see that my email has changed and you wonder who the heck it is...it's me.

6 comments:

  1. Joanne, I love the balancing act. How cute and silly. Got to love a kid like that. :):) I am so sorry to hear of the accidents. You may not be able to leave a comment to me.,as I have a gmail acct., I do not know what is going on, I am having horrid times trying to even get some blogs to come up. Hope it all works out . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I'd survive without turkey sandwiches afterwards, Joanne! That said, a very nice (live) turkey visited us in kindergarten, so I was happy it wasn't ME who was roasting the bird this year, tee hee. I'm seeing a lot of pumpkins still outside on porches, along with Christmas lights. Go figure. Guess you're not the only one with fall decor hanging on. Our pumpkins get roasted for the dogs and chickens and the stems saved for crafting velvet pumpkins so we are full on red-and-green around here!

    Insurance seems to be necessary but I think it's really the devil. They are happy to take your money for years and years but hate to pay out a penny. I hope that was your last dent for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad it was a good thanksgiving. Love the balancing act! Insurance is such an awful thing to deal with! I sure hope you have a better year insurance wise this coming year! I sure hope you no more dents for years to come!!!! It is hard to get into the spirit at times, I know. We don't have everything up either right now. I am only putting up the little tree with lights in the living room where I teach. With Peony chewing everything she sees, I would be very upset if she chewed one of my disney ornaments! I do hope this is a great week for you and that you can comment on the blogs you want to comment on!!!!!! By the way!!! We saved the house!!!!!!! I meant to email that news to you!!!!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne! A vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner, eh? Sounds interesting.
    Yes here it is December and all the fuss about Christmas is consuming us all. It can be very difficult to ignore it all but I do my best to keep it simple.
    Hope you find a good insurance company (are there any?!). Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Joanne. *Hugs* I am so sorry to hear all this. We didn't put up Halloween decorations, and we won't do Christmas either.
    Hit and run. Hope they have a miserable Christmas.
    Will say a prayer. God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving and although my heart feels the Christmas spirit I'm just not "into it". Sorry about the cars. That's just terrible! Glad no injuries though :)
    I'm not sure if you see my posts or not. If you could pm me on FB (Debbie) and let me know I sure would appreciate it. I leave a comment but I get that returned mail thing :( xoxox

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...