"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, May 5, 2014

monday snap...


...it's a rainy day in the neighborhood, a rainy spring day in the neighborhood, what is a bored three year old in bare feet and shorts supposed to do?  First off, get mommy and dadda to take you to g'ma and g'pas house.       

 then search for your best 'derby' outfits making sure everyone is wearing a hat.  I ended up with reindeer ears but there will be no pics of that!
 set up an obstacle course and play mini-golf.
 patiently wait your turn while thinking of your next shot...or use your golf club as a flute.
silly.


rather a long week and typing is still a chore so I will update best I can...
Monday last, I had a procedure on my back.  For the most part it went well and I am in considerably less pain.  On Wednesday I had follow-up x-rays on my arm.  They showed no new bone growth after three weeks so surgery was to be scheduled.  Heart doc not happy about that since I would have to be off of some meds for several days and had just done so for the back.  So Thursday I had a CT scan of the arm, cast off, ick, and it showed a small amount of bone growth.  No surgery.  The dr said if I was twelve there would be no discussion about surgery, plates, pins, etc. but since I'm a little past twelve  we would wait to see how the healing goes on it's own. Next check four weeks.  Friday I got a new and improved cast, the colour purple as chosen by M.     How was your week?   I miss you all so much.  I need your comments to keep my spirits up!   Happy Monday y'all.

7 comments:

  1. Joanne, Looks like you had some fun this past weekend. How cute is the little one? Hope you have a wonderful week, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Joanne, raining in the Northwest? Can't be!! lol Sounds like you have been entertained by a cutie-patooty!!
    What a week you have had. And the doctor is right to wait and leave it to heal on its own. The older we get (not that you are old by any means....phew!) the longer it takes for things to get better. That's what I find anyway because I AM old!! lol
    Stay entertained as much as you can Joanne and I hope you get some relief really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a pic of those reindeer ears would be GREAT......for us!!

      Delete
  3. Your rain is blowing our way and will make us happy when our warm springtime temps reappear. And when I say blowing, I mean it--you haven't experienced wind till you've lived in the Rainshadow for a while. But the flowers will love some moisture and apparently people don't shrink when they get wet. Although I could use some easy shrinkage after eating comfort foods all winter!

    I'm happy you dodged the surgery bullet and are healing. And that the pain is better. Chronic pain sucks. Hopefully you've turned the corner and will feel better and healthier day by day. Enjoy that little one. Loved her wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cutie sure could make anyone smile! Glad she came by to keep your spirits up. I'm also glad no surgery for now. Hope all heals quickly and I'm glad your pain is better. I'm hoping for some warm Spring days to bring out the blooms and leaves. Slow but sure this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best medicine is a little 3 year old granddaughter :) adorable. I LOVE that age. Maybe a bone stimulator?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how M used the golf club as her flute! Get better!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it grows and heals for you!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...