"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 10, 2014

counting chickens...


*******edit****** due to some medical complications with my back and leg I am needing to be on complete bed rest for a few days.  If I can manage to blog I will give it a try, otherwise please send some light and love my way.  I appreciate it.  See you soon...

store bought 'spring'



...remember that old saying?  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.  As I was leaving the house today I noticed that bulbs are popping up through the ground, the flowering cherry trees are getting their pink on and the forsythia is going to town all dressed in her yellow finery.  I made a mental note to get home quickly and take some photos with the 'proof' that spring is indeed on it's way.  That's when that old saying popped into my little head.  And by the time we got home it was pouring rain, rivers were pushing their banks to overflow, there were a few small mud slides on the road home and the very thought of spring seemed like a distant memory.  We have had almost seven inches of rain so far this month...so I may have been counting something but it sure wasn't chickens!  Happy Monday.


have courage; there are great things waiting on the other side of fear. (2014 word up)

14 comments:

  1. They are such a beautiful sight after a long, cold and dismal winter. Just that little pop of color brings such cheer.

    I was thinking of you when I woke up and heard about the earthquake. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, your counting was a bit premature but, did you have all your eggs in one basket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the pluses living in the great Northwest!! I mean the early spring!! Not all that rain!
    Will be waiting for those photos Joanne.....no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 74 degrees here in NC, Thursday, it's supposed to be 42. Ho-hummm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got all the way up to 55 here today- at my daughter's house. North of here where I live it was 20 degrees cooler. I am so ready for some signs of Spring! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting you from Diana's blog. I just finishes saying a prayer for you! HUGS!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne, I came here from Nana Diana...I will pray for you to have relief and become better. Out there is someone who may be able to get you in contact with someone who came perhaps, operate, or tell of PT, or a new med to help you. This big world of blogging has brought answers to many. Plus the amount of prayers is there to help also. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry you are suffering with your back problem.
    I am well aware of this horrible pain because of dealing with it myself time to time.
    Rest , and don't lift anything over a pound.Stress always makes my back pain worst and that is hard to let go off

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be praying for you Joanne. Prayers and hope for relief from pain and healing solutions for your immediate and chronic condition. Sending a viertual hug to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Joanne, I am here via friend, Nana Diana! She is a Ray of Sunshine!!! I hear you could use a smile and prayers! I hope you will feel better soon with some answers to make that happen. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't let that rain get you down--soon the flowers and warmth will be here for good. And meanwhile you can stay in bed and listen to the pitter-patter and dream of how lovely it will be when you feel healthy again. Sending love and lots and lots of healing thoughts your way, Joanne! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joanne, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. We three send you all the love and energy we can muster. Please do take care and Sophie says she'd be there in a flash to help if she could.
    Hugs from the east coast of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joanne
    I just read your request for prayer at Nana Diana's blog.
    Please know that I am praying for you dear lady.
    May the Lord heal you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo, you will be in my prayers. I'm sorry you're not feeling great and I hope it passes soon and you'll be up and around to enjoy those beautiful Spring flowers! Your 7in of rain is similar to ours only ours is in the form of snow and ice and very chilly temps! We may see spring flowers sometime in April or May! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...