"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

quite possibly the most random randomness ever...

***first of all I want to acknowledge all the wonderful comments that came my way via Nana Diana.  It was so kind of her to ask for prayers on my behalf and I am forever grateful for her friendship and generosity.  Thank you all who took a moment to pray for me...***

...currently on the tenth day of my two week bed-rest for back pain and thinking I should post something, anything so that my one follower will not feel as if I abandoned her or him as the case may be.  Two weeks of bed-rest, at home, without help, makes some very interesting situations but none that I really care to share here.  I am often accused of over-sharing so consider yourself warned, or relieved.   Not sure how to put sentences together much anymore...oh, my English major daughter will have my head for that!   I can see her shaking her beautiful head..

I've been looking back at photos and old blog posts and I've come to some conclusions;
Once in a great while I will accidentally take a decent photo.  Since I don't do any photo editing what you see is the level of my experience and knowledge.  I have a fancy schmancy type camera, no bells and whistles there, but I have yet to get out of the Auto mode.   I just feel like I'm too old and impatient to learn anything new at this point.  So I will stay with the point and shoot.  Get it?  Point??!   Ah, yes, this is what happens when you have to entertain yourself. Oh yeah, I am boring.  Got that one loud and clear!

I've been thinking about my gardening this year and think I need to shake things up a little.  After last years disaster and lack of funds I've decided to skip the seeds and buy seedlings instead.  I have finally acknowledged what we have known all along...I do not have a 'green' thumb.  Our planting season is much to short to start from scratch and seed.  I've noticed some of you have gardens planted already and little seeds sprouting and I'm going to just say right now "I.am.jealous."   I am looking forward to getting out in the dirt and dig and play with the grands....now I just need Spring and some kind of super glue to my back.



This just may be the bridge over troubled water.  I will find out more tomorrow after my MRI.


and so, I say 'hello,' and remind myself of my word...courage and humbly try my best to make something of this day, knowing I have done the best I could under the circumstances and know that for now, for this moment, that is enough.



9 comments:

  1. Courage is right! Something we all need but you REALLY need at this time of life with all your pain.
    I am determined to buy pre-started plants this year, too. I just screwed up all my plantings last year and it was not a good year for my yard or my window boxes or planter. I hope it is better this year.

    God bless you. You know that I am praying for you and I hope they can alleviate your pain without surgery. xo Daina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get your rest. You are at least thinking of gardening, some times that's half the fun. I hope you are getting some visitors. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about limiting activity! My mind still plans all the things I need to do, just wish I had the energy ....... Hope you are up and at it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey look! You have 3. NO, 4 followers (that have commented today) just like my blog. Other than starting a few seeds and my tater eyes, I have yet to do anything in the garden except row it out. It's rained non-stop for 3 freaking days. Perhaps and hopefully, it has finally stopped. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope your back is better soon..realize I'm the wife of a Chiropractor and I love bad backs! I hope that made you smile because I totally understand back issues and really do hope your back pain can be taken care of. I have never done a garden from seed. I've always planted plants that I've gotten at a nursery. I hope that goes well for you too! I've been looking wistfully at the back yard and planning where to put some new raised beds and a few new fruit trees. I'm so sick of Winter and so glad tomorrow is the first day of Spring. (Even if snow is predicted!) Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I wrote, WAY BACK IN JANUARY, I promised to be better about responding.....I am such a loser any more! I have really been on the go and today is the first time I have even been on my computer since that day so long ago. I've had some things going on, but I am so sorry that I didn't realize that you have been having some back issues. I am sending many prayers of healing your way. Any time you have PAIN, is no fun at all. I know that scene VERY WELL! Take it easy and I hope you get some relief soon. I am adding you to my daily pray list. If I don't check in here each day, you can know that I will be saying prayers for you each day! Take care, my friend!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs* God bless and comfort you. ♥
    I think my hubby may know a little about how you feel. He had a back MRI yesterday, too.
    Hope you are able to get around soon, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gardening is a trial-and-error process. And it sometimes feels like mostly error. Sort of like Life.

    The best part of being laid up is dreaming and scheming while there are no chores or other interruptions. I hope this R&R is the last for a while and that your health takes a turn for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope you get better soon!!!!!!! I think the seedlings idea is awesome. I don't have a green thumb at all. I leave that to the other Heather (BT) in the house. She is a garden expert and loves it dearly. thankfully, someone in our house does!!! Do you need any books to read? I still have a few left that I haven't donated yet? Let me know!! I can send them to you!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...