"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

a hare, an ear, and a wiener......

...did I get your attention with that one?  Do you have any idea how difficult it is to come up with these catchy titles?

As I was browsing an after Christmas sale at Kroeger's I spotted these little gems.   I had kept my eye out for them for several weeks waiting for the 70% of the last marked price sale and then I grabbed them, or I think maybe they grabbed me.  Which ever way it was they came home with me and I set them ever so gently on a little table waiting for my grands to stop by.



they are quite heavy and made out of some type wood product, then painted.


Miss M was thrilled when she saw the bunny and quickly took him for a 'ride,' pretending to sit on him and scoot him around by his leash.  Then she took him 'flying,' pretending that he was in an airplane.  Then he 'jumped' off a box in another room and she came to me to say that he jumped off that box (while pointing in another room) and his ear came off (which was now missing).  Poor, poor bunny.

She moved on to the next best thing...a wiener dog.



a cute little fella' with a special hiding place.  She thought it best to have one of her teeny, tiny marushka's ride along in there.


The end!

3 comments:

  1. Oops, Mr. Bunny! Joanne, you always manage to come up with something fun! Yes---very interesting titles, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Bunny looks antique....I like it! And by the sounds of things so did your granddaughter, Joanne.
    A children's story book! You'd be great at it! You know how to keeps things simple and to the point. Wish I could do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great!! Very unique for sure.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...