"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, January 31, 2014

she's got legs...


...we were recently gifted with a beautiful table once owned by my hubby's grandmother.   After a flood in her home in Minnesota the table was taken to the table hospital and refinished.  Later on it traveled to Nebraska to live with his Aunt and Uncle.  You may remember the Uncle and how he gifted us with a 'pig.'  That pig is still in my dining room!  Recently his wife, my hubby's aunt moved to a smaller place and we found ourselves gifted with a few beautiful pieces of history that she once owned.  This table being one of them;






love the turned legs, the little shelf and the intricate moulding.  I have yet to make a home for it but am currently updating the dining room so I am sure it will go in there.  (excuse the wires, indeed!)  Once I finish painting the accent wall, hang the new drapes, and create a plate wall while mixing in a mirror and a pig then, I will show it off.  I am doing all this on $0 budget, having shopped the house for everything I needed.   Now won't that be exciting!  Soon we'll be dining in the dining room.  Happy Weekend y'all.

11 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to receive a piece of family history. I have several items. Maybe I'll do a short post and show off my coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the table!!! It is awesome to have something that belonged to a grandmother!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that table! You sound so full of energy. That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely table, Joanne. :-)
    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table and wonderful memories tied to it! Now if only it could talk and tell some stories that were told around it! Your plans sound good and I'm anxious to see the results! Enjoy the weekend between projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, she is real purdy. I wish she could tell all her stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joanne. I DO like the detail and the legs on this little gem! I look forward to its new home locale.
    Still foggy out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jim, foggy mornings then clear sunny skies in the afternoon!

      Delete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...