"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

this and that and this some more...

...what is it about January that leads us to depression quiet reflection.  Is it the let down from all the holiday fare, the weather keeping us trapped indoors for days on end, the shortened amount of daylight, or perhaps the people we are with, just kidding.  It seems as if the month will go on and on and that Spring is just something I imagined long ago.  Then again, how can it be another year and half the month gone already?  See?  reflection/introspection, yep.

I really don't mind the quiet times and I am fine with being a home-body.  I think I need more 'light' and perhaps another shot of B-12 and Vit. D.    I seem to be easily annoyed, with myself, for not getting things done.  Instead I just want to read, or nap.  Exercise you say...hmmmm, I don't remember that word!

courtesy NWCN
Isn't that a great photo?  I wish I could take credit for it but sadly I doubt my little point and shoot could handle it.  Yeah, I'm back to the 'auto' on my camera, I didn't venture out into the 'm' mode for long.  OCD that way.  That, by the way, is our beautiful Emerald City.

I think I have cabin fever.  The only place I've gone lately is the dentist and that is a post all of it's own!  Let's just say I've broken three teeth since the first of the year...that's one a week, and although I am fortunate to have dental coverage it just isn't enough.  I don't know how people are surviving these days.  Must do some budget cutting around here!   Do you follow a budget?  It's always been one of my weak points.

Well, I warned you this was random.  January blahs, but believe me I'm not looking for any drama here.  My babies babies are having birthdays soon, in fact tomorrow our little Boss turn the big ONE.  I will ask his mum if I can post a birthday pic of him.  Can't believe a year has passed since we were all sitting in the waiting room, patiently waiting to see him.

Everyone seems to be a little down lately, blogging has been slow, as has creativity.  Oh no, now I'm repeating myself.  Hope life is treating you well wherever you may be.  take care and keep warm!


courage; there are great things waiting on the other side of fear.  (my motto for 2014)

20 comments:

  1. I fight the blahs every January too--and I have the crafts to show for it. Embroidery, crochet, quilting, you name it, I've used it to keep myself sane until springtime rolls around again. Hang in there, the days are (slowly) getting longer and surely there will be green grass and chirping birds someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even seem to get myself to craft...that room is a disaster! Sunshine and chirpy sounds good to me.

      Delete
  2. But my dear Jojo--this IS Random Insanities, right--or am I lost? Honey--I am glad to hear you've got dental coverage, for we do not--and it pains us in many way! I don't know if it is January, or lack of sun (which in my case is a lot), or just plain fall and winter, or if our depressions come and go with the wind. Mine seem to...I feel better right now than I did in the early fall, but I lost my dear brother in September, so that could have been that.I honestly don't remember getting out after that for over a month--and I did myself quite a bit of harm just staying in, I know. I guess I will never learn, even at my age! God bless you, Honey! I hope things brighten up all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetie, how good it is to hear from you. You have no idea how often I've thought of you over the holidays. You made my day!

      Delete
    2. And I thought of you, too, wondering how you were doing!

      Delete
  3. Hello?!!? YOU HAVE TO GET PERMISSION TO POST A PIC ON YOUR BLOG OF YOUR GRANDSON? It's not like you are posting to CNN...I will pray that your grandmother rights come to fruition soon. Do your children KNOW that SOME KIDS would give their EYE TEETH to have involved grandparents?!? I feel a sermon coming on so much love and many hugs and then going out to collect scrap metal to finance a round trip ticket to the west coast pronto...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know dear Ness that it is probably best that I keep my mouth shut on this one...;j

      Delete
  4. January is a good time to sit and contemplate and get all the dust bunnies out from the brain so when spring does roll around..and it will...your brain will be all decluttered and waiting to be filled up with good warm thoughts and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's bright and sunny somewhere right???

      Delete
  5. *hugs*
    In Alaska they use sun lamps this time of year. Cabin Fever is very real, People do get depressed this time of year.
    Ouch. Sorry to hear about the teeth. :-( Budgeting has always been hard for us, too. We just keep trying.
    Hope you have a wonderful Friday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that it is a very real condition, season affective disorder or SAD...perfect name! Once I get my teeth taken care of I will feel much better....watch for you package on friday.

      Delete
  6. I love a random post, Joanne. I think it is the time of year- the Holidays are over- Spring is a ways off and we settle in to the mundane tasks of everyday life. I have been purging and cleaning out kitchen cabinets, etc. Feels good. Keeps me from growing stir crazy. Hope your weekend is wonderful. Love ya- Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you know, it's just a little grass! That ought to confuse everyone that reads this!

      Delete
  7. Oh Jojo, it's been such a cold and snowy winter here and cabin fever is horrible! The only thing getting me thru it is the grand kids and my daughter. We pick up the kids from school 2-4 times a week, but with the snow, they have missed a lot. It snowed again all day today. I cook dinner for them also at least once a week. It's nice having them across the street.
    I have no dental insurance. So far I have racked up over a thousnad dollars in dental bills. I am using a credit plan. This last tooth I had pulled was horrible. I had it pulled tuesday and my jaw is still all hard and swollen. I still have at least 3 more to get pulled.
    I sure wish there was some way, you, me and Ness could all meet up together. It would sure be a dream come true!!! ILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joanne. I hear you loudly and clearly (I love using adverbs!!). But I must remind you that the days are getting longer as of 22 December.....It is still light outside at 5PM here!!
    I liked your ability to just ramble and empty out your head.....how do you do this? Yesterday I was trying to think of something to 'post' about' and got 'log-jammed' in the process! Nothing was happening. Then I told myself to try to keep it simple (or would that be simply?) lol And I did.

    We take VitD 2000 a day all year long and I take B12 daily too. It keeps things somewhat balanced.

    People do get a little 'shack-wacky' in the winter and it is very hard to get outside some days or to be active indoors too. Activity does make a huge difference though. Probably a lot of activity coming up with the grandkids' birthdays! Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....budgeting? what's that!
      And I LOVE that photo of the moon in your great city!

      Delete
    2. Jim, now don't you miss living out here??? It's fog season now and we live in the valley just under the cover of fog...very eerie.

      Delete
    3. It was exactly that weather that drove us out of there and back here!!
      Not a fog fan. Enjoy.

      Delete
  9. I am sending you mega hugs. I would love to send you warm weather and sunshine too but I do live in Michigan and well, we don't have ANY of that here! We are expecting cold weather again like a few weeks ago. I do hope that they don't cancel school too much as at the end of the year they will have to go longer and that will be too hot as the schools do not have a/c around here. Wow, a whole year old! what a year! how big he has gotten! i do hope you can post a beautiful picture of him! I love pics of both him and Maude. I hope the rest of the month will be good.

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. That full moon was spectacular, wasn't it? My view of it was at it hung over the Cascade Mountains and Mount Baker. Hang on, January is almost done and soon we'll be seeing crocus poking out of the ground. On my list for the year is 'celebrate.' I'm spending the gloomy days thinking about how I might celebrate the next holiday...Valentines. It helps to look forward. I like your courage quote. I'll try to remember that.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...