"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday, monday...

...and feeling grey.  We have been stuck under a fog for about ten days now and it is starting to seep into my brain.  It has me daydreaming about Spring and flowers and the lovely hydrangeas that I had last year.  More than any other year, more vibrant colours, lasting well into Fall.  Found the drying box at a thrift last summer and popped them in there.  I've been thinking about trying to make a wreath with them.   Just thinking at this point...









Hope you are having sunny skies.  Happy Monday, be well, be safe, be blessed.   ;j

9 comments:

  1. Hey pretty lady! I'm so sorry you're feeling grey--maybe Tuesday will be a sunny day for you! I'm so glad you found me--I did change the name of the blog, but the address is still the same. I think we're supposed to have a little snow tomorrow, and we had a busy week last week, it seemed. I've found Dr. Teals Epsom Salts packs in WalMart and have been soaking in them. I think I'm going to buy my own Epsom Salts and find some lavender oil and make it cheaper. So glad you found me, although I think you and Anne are my only readers anymore! It's okay--I''m glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could make your own...let me know how they turn out! I'm so glad you are back ;j

      Delete
  2. Dreary here, too. I want to play in the dirt, but, the forecast is 13 tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sun broke through today *sigh* what a sight!

      Delete
  3. Partly sunny. Near 70 today with a 25% chance of snow on Friday. Go figure, haha.
    Have a wonderful week, Joanne. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having a sunny Tuesday here in sunny Nova Scotia!! Ten days of fog!! That would DO IT for me Joanne! Can make me feel claustrophobic.
    Aren't those hydrangeas beautiful.....just in the box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The primroses at the local Fred Meyers were so cheery the other day I went overboard and bought a cart full. I love seeing them on my dining room table and end tables and maybe if it isn't too cold this weekend I'll plant them outside the picture window , just for some blooming happiness.

    You are so right about this fog & stagnant air. I am hoping the weather man was right and we do get rain tomorrow.

    Your drying flowers are so pretty, it will be interesting to see how you arrange them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking back at my spring/summer photos just to remind myself that my garden won't always be bare and lifeless looking. I've got the January blahs.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...