"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, January 24, 2014

afternoon dellight...

...it's not what you think, at my age the only afternoon delight is when your grandbaby comes for a visit.  And that is how I spent my Friday afternoon.

 We made snowmen since we have no snow to play with.  These were from a little kit that I got at Target for $5 at Christmas.  All the pieces are sticky-back so it's very easy to use, if you are three, if you are an ol' g'ma then it's a different story.


 here is the child completely exasperated because g'ma asked to take her picture, actually g'pa took it but she still was not happy about it.
here are a few on the dozen we put together...all of them represent someone in the family, including our dog.
she's a pretty good speller for her age.  Here she is pretending that her picture is not being taken again.  That girl just kills me!   Happy weekend peeps, stay warm (it was 65degrees here today), be safe, be happy, and go get yourself some afternoon delight.  ooooh that sounds dirty doesn't it!

14 comments:

  1. That granddaughter is a woman who knows how to express her displeasure...maybe a future actress? Does she like doing crafts? I run across bargains like that all the time...does she have a favorite character like Dora or whoever? Is she a girly girl who likes all things sparkly? Let me know. Wish I were there...Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is a strong willed gal who knows exactly what she wants! She loves crafty things and right now the Mickey Mouse and pals seem to be a fav. She loves dress up but then she has days where she says she is a 'boy' today and does/dresses all boy like. She is hilarious!!!

      Delete
    2. Nessie, you know I could go on and on all day about her...;j

      Delete
  2. 65 degrees!!! oh how lovely!!! it is in negative territory here! I love those snowman kits. they are such fun!!! She is such a cutie!!! I love when you take pictures of her and post stories of what you both do together!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we even played outside for awhile, it was strange indeed.

      Delete
  3. I remember when Afternoon Delight had a whole different meaning. That would have been back in the 70's I think...lol....remember there was even a song by that name?

    Love the attitude about the picture taking. I have three that run to get in front of the camera when it comes out and three that run away. Girls vs boys here.

    Hope you have delightful afternoon-if you know what I mean! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I remember it well. Most of the time now it just means we 'nap' in the same place!!!

      Delete
  4. Hm-m-m.....let me see now.
    See ya Jo!!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on over to New York. There is plenty of snow here to make snowmen and snow angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. came from NY for that very reason...at least that's what my mum told me!

      Delete
  6. I can see why you're happy when she visits. :-)
    Hope you all continue to stay warm and have a blessed Sunday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, stay warm...I see even the deep south is freezing.

      Delete
  7. Oh my---how fast they grow! Kat will be 7 in May! She loves all things art! Your sweetie is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...