"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 26, 2012

do you see what I see...



have you seen this nest?  This amazing birds nest was found by a fellow bloggers Aunt.  She dubbed it the Martha Stewart of birds nest!
I have to admit, it is one of the most intricate of nests that I have ever come across.  It is well worth clicking on the picture and looking just
a little closer at the detail.  Did you see it?
Dried flowers, bits of dryer lint, pieces of string, ribbon, paper
all so delicately woven into a wonderful home for a little bird family.
Martha indeed!


We've found a few nests around here and they are incredible works of art by nature
but
nothing so, so, sooo imaginative,
hmmmm, what is the word I'm looking for?
Anyway,
I haven't seen many birds around here yet this Spring and I don't know if they are building their nests now or if they've finished with that business for the season.
Just to be sure they have all they need
and to give nature a small hands up
(which I am quite certain she doesn't need)
I decided to collect a few bits and bobs, string, paper, ribbon, dryer lint and such
and, after snipping them into small pieces, placing them into a wire basket that I had in my craft room.
Then,
I hung it out in a tree.
Won't it be interesting to see if I find any nests next Fall with little bits and pieces from my house
to theirs!



(wow, the photo nightmare...bad lighting, too close, and blurry!)
Enjoy your day,
be safe, be kind,
remember happiness and peace are a choice.

13 comments:

  1. I bet the birds will borrow your stuff for their nests! Isn't it wonderful, how resourceful critters are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a bird with an artist's eye! I bet all her fellow bird friends were jealous! I love it in the fall when the leaves have all left the trees and I can really see the nests. I love the super tiny ones and always wonder if they belong to a hummingbird. Hope your feathered friends enjoy the home supplies you left for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already lots of birds here. Always lots of nests left over, but none like that one. Maybe I should put out some sewing scraps .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! At First I thought you made these Jojo but imagine ones you may get in the fall....depending on what you supply the birds! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know people who leave those things around in the Spring for the birds to find....such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every year we have a Robins nest on top of our outside light. It is a little lopsided today, but I am hopeful it will last until spring is over and the little birdies are flying on their own. We have had this nest since I was a child. Every year we get a new nest from them and they are beautiful!! I hope the birds use the things you have left for them!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some little birds have been reading the art blogs on the Internet. How amazing! How creative!!
    I've seen some beautiful nests too, but never anything like this.
    Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope you find your offerings in some bird nest at the end of the mating season. What a sweet thing to do.
    Happiness to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josnne-Thank you for finding my blog. Now I found you back. That is the most amazing nest I have EVER seen- EVER! Well, Martha WAS a JAILBIRD for a short while-Maybe she taught BIRD next classes there? Oh-I am so bad! Anyway, happy to meet you and I'll be back. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a wonderful nest, so resourceful! Such a smart little bird, I have found interesting things woven into bird nests but never like this one. Makes me think of this verse,
    Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matt 6
    Have a beautiful Wednesday!
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally going to try that. We live in the country and have lots of birds around here.....and I love checking their nests, so it truly would be fun to see if they use anything I leave for them.
    I have NEVER seen such a nest....what kind of bird made that, do you know????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't that the absolute truth - happiness and peace are truly a choice.

    I have to say that is the prettiest bird's nest I've ever seen. I'm thinking their decorating style is eclectic with a strong french country influence (the easter grass mixed with dried flower) but you'd have to ask the birds to really be certain :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...that is one fancy bird's nest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...