"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, December 16, 2011

Those sneaky little elves...



...Oh, it started out innocently enough.
One morning I woke up and there were a few Christmas totes in the dining room.
A few days later there was a tote containing the Christmas tree.
All seemed well for a few days after that
but then;



it was as if Christmas had exploded
all over the dining room, with all kinds of toys and decorations filling
each and every empty space.
(why yes, that is hubbys arm)


Then it moved on into the kitchen and nothing was safe.
Not the counter tops
or the breakfast nook.  Not the desk or the chairs.
It .was.everywhere.


Then they left.
Not to be seen again.
It's been days and days and still my house looks like this.
I just may have to do something
about it myself
soon.

Are you ready?

11 comments:

  1. Oh those elves - I think when they left your house they came over here and messed up my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silly, little elves! They should put things in their place.

    I have 3 elves (Lydia, Natalie, and Hannah) coming over to help decorate! It probably wouldn't get done if they weren't coming over. I will take pictures and post!!!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really, lol. Not doing much this year since we're headed down to the farm for a few days.

    I think I would not be happy if elves did that here. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whoa-man brought out the small ceramic tree for this year. That's the only dec we'll have. Other than the Christmas cards hanging around the kitchen entry way. Looks kinda sad to see presents that are bigger than the tree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Christmas "bomb" and can't wait to see what you do with all your goodies. This year we are keeping it very simple, with no "bomb" and just a tiny, tiny tree. It feels weird not to oh and ah over the decorations as they bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had mine kind of blow up like that too for a few days Jojo. It's always bad before it's gets better, isn't it?
    Have a Merry Christmas my sweet friend!!!!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know it was ELVES that did this. How sneaky they are.
    Now I have to clean this all up after Christmas.
    It's always something...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pesky elves! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, I'm not ready at all...YikeS!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...