"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, December 4, 2011

December's five...

...yep I've got my list all ready.  Oh, not that list...I haven't even started on that list.  I've got my list of five all ready to go and this month it is my favourite holiday movies.   This is probably the only time of the year when I sit down and watch a movie that I've seen over and over and over.  It doesn't matter to me how old it is, the older the better, or who is in it, black and white or colour...it is just the most wonderful time of the year to watch a movie.  

So, in no particular order here are five of my holiday fav's                                       
Most people are unaware that "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" was first sung in this movie.  If you like the old Bing Crosby movies this is a fun one to see.



Only the original with Boris Karloff will do!



This has one of the best soundtracks around.  Even the hubs liked this one...I wonder why (boobfest).  I can't say I mind looking at Hugh Grant for two hours either.




Who doesn't love little Ralphie?  And the triple-dog-dare-ya? 



This one might be a little out-there for most people but I thought it was funny.  Then again I'm a sucker for the old SNL.

That's my short list, what have you got?

10 comments:

  1. The Grinch is one of my favorites, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I've seen is A Christmas Story! I'm missing out!!

    Must remedy this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I have seen the Bing Crosby one a couple of times. Everything was always so 'perfect' back then, eh?

    Now you have me thinking of a list! Let me see.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Holiday Inn!!!! It was a great movie! yes, I knew it was first in that movie before it was in White christmas. There are wayyyyy to many Christmas movies that I love for me to put in order. I haven't seen several on your list including the Christmas Story or the vacation on with Chevy Chase.

    I hope the Christmas Season is fun for you so far!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Christmas Story is David and my absolute favorite. The dogs eating the turkey, the duck at the chinese restuarant with the head still on, Fra Ra ra ra ra..LOL. I love it all!!! Makes me smile, thinking of it.
    Hope this week will be a good one for you!!! ILY!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a reminder, deadline for shipping your sss package is the 10th, and please email me the delivery confirmation number!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Christmas Story wins hands down. I love that movie.
    But, I will check out some of the others.
    Thanks for a list that only requires sitting down and being entertained for a few hours. We all need this in such a hectic time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun with Christmas. I will have to post my Christmas movie quiz...you'd probably get them all right!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grinch rocks.
    Fred Claus is one of my recent favorites! Hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...