"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Maybe I can craft...

when I made my music page paper wreath awhile back..here...I had cut the paper into 3 1/2" squares and also had cut some at 7".  I used the 3 1/2" for that project and with the leftover 7" I decided to make another wreath.  Only larger.  After I got started I realized that I didn't have enough of the music paper to make the entire wreath so I spaced them out and scratched my head and wondered...what to do?




You might recall that I have a fully loaded craft room.  Full of lots of projects I will only complete in my mind or if I life another fifty years that is!  Anyway my solution was to try scrapbook paper.  I really liked working with the weight of the paper compared to the sheet music but beware that the risk factor for paper cuts is increased by the thousands.  Round and round I went making paper cones and gluing them onto the wreath.  (I used a piece of lightweight cardboard again only slightly larger than the last one.)  And  voila!







To finish off the center of this one I took a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper and wrapped it around a canning jar lid (without the ring), then glued it onto the wreath.  Then I added a little hanger in the back made from twine and hung it on the mirror in my foyer.  I'm really pleased at how it turned out..sorry for the bad lighting in the photos, it was late in the day.  I am going to spray it with a light coat of clear shellac and then hang it on my YELLOW door!   What will I think of next?

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, Jojo!!! I so wish my hands worked again!!! You are quite a talented lady!!! How's the foot doing? I see the eye doc tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, she can maybe figure something out!! Love ya loads, you have been on my mind a lot lately!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fantastic job, Jojo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo! This is downright gorgeous! So colorful and I think it would look beautiful on your YELLOW door :)

    Love, Love, Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are all people on the West Coast as crafty as you!? Nice job....again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Now I want to go rummage in my sewing room! I bet I could make one out of an old atlas ..... I could hang it in the store. Maybe......

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out absolutely darling Jojo! I just love it when a totally unexpected and cool look comes from using up what we already have on hand. xoxo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this. Wish I had one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cool! Now that I've made the transition from paper to digital scrapbooking I have a lot of paper left too. Hmmmm...

    It will look great on your yellow door!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like those colors! Yes, you can craft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. jojo--it's absolutely beautiful! I want to make one right this minute. I love music-and I love rafting , but I'm not much up to it anymore. this is a treat to see. I've only knitted 2 pairs of mittens for Christmas gift --the rest of the gifts--I ordered online. My feet are not up to the walking anymore in the beautiful malls that I miss.
    Good for you, Miss Crafter!

    I may try one of these to take up to our son's before we go. My DIL can find somewhere to put it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...