"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, November 27, 2011

finding purpose...

...I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. I am struggling a little right now but that is not unusual for a holiday.  This is the first one since I decided (last summer) that I could not, for my own healths sake, endure the madness of our extended family.   I ran across this today on FB and thought that it was quite appropriate for the season...




I will be back Monday with pictures of our get-together tomorrow.  Happy Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. I have a huge dysfunctional family. My sister, in TN, had 31 for T-day. We had 5, plus Higgins.

    I just noticed where you're from.
    I have a sister and niece in Mt. Vernon and I did a bit of growing up in Tacoma.

    Now, let's get through Christmas and call it a year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful day, Jojo.
    *hugs* Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful day! I am thinking of you! Get those pictures posted so we can all smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Day and weekend without the craziness caused by extended family!!!!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you Jojo! We have made that same decision last Christmas. The quiet is SO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....JoJo....it does seem like we are all pretty much on the same page here. Holidays WITHOUT extended family are so much nicer. Who knew??? LOL LOL

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this was a wise choice. We need to protect ourselves from toxic people and should never feel guilty about this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I chose to spend Thanksgiving MY OWN way this time, as well.

    No stress, hugs from son, great take out turkey and a long nap.

    More is unnecessary!!

    Glad you are taking care of yourself too hon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sign that you have posted...it is one of those good ideas that can keep us out of some troubles...of course even being friendly or happy will manage to offend some folks...and there are right exclusions, such as weep with those who are weeping. But being free to feel as needed is a kind of happiness too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Thanksgiving was much better this year after laying down the law with my dysfunctional crew last year. I think they're scared of me. That's good! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...