"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

while their houses laid unbuilt....

...the pilgrims managed to set aside a day of giving thanks.



"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, and confusion into clarity. ... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Melodie Beattie

Wishing all of my family and friends a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Travel safe, be warm, share in the delight of the day.  May you and yours be Blessed with the joy of being expected.   Happy Thanksgiving.

On a side note;  There will only be two of us at this holiday table this year as our children will be visiting with their in-laws.  As it so happens our wedding anniversary falls on this day of thanks and so as we started out as two, we will celebrate our 38th year of marriage as two and toast each other to many, many more filled with love, laughter, patience, friendship, smiles, tears and immeasurable joy.

11 comments:

  1. Yours is the second blog I have seen that quote on.
    Very fitting for today.

    Wow. 38 years. Congratulations!

    A blessed Thanksgiving to you both.
    *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and have a Happy Thanksgiving and Anniversary. Your blog is beautiful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from a large family I always cherish the opportunity to embrace the silence. I wish you both the best on this 'double' holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having around 30 here, but on Saturday. We have our Christmas over Thanksgiving every year, because I'm the 'good grandma'. I 'let' the kids go to the other sides of their respective families.

    I borrowed your quote and posted it on Facebook. It is so apropos for the day!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy Thanksgiving and Happy Anniversary!!!! I hope it is a great day for you!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving AND Happy Anniversary! Wow how sweet!

    Here I was (pouty) today that it's just the hubby and I celebrating quietly today without our large family here as usual but you make it sound like it's not the end of the world!
    I think I'll go snuggle up to The Man and we'll (happily) have our own quiet Thanksgiving afterall!
    You are such an inspiration and totally lifted my spirits!!!
    xoxoxoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, Jojo. I hope you have had a wonderful day today. I'm thankful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes to you both on Thanksgiving and on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 38th :)

    I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.
    And to 38 years of marriage.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...