"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, May 2, 2011

to quote...

 "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

8 comments:

  1. AMEN! i thought i was the only one feeling this way. thank you. glorifying a killing can't be good.

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put this on my Facebook page earlier - oh that we should all be sorrowful that things have come this far. My hope is for coming together - not splitting apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've kind of been feeling this way all day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Jojo. Thanks for this quote. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie, I was just thrilled to run across ya today!

    Dr. Phil said something years ago that totally stuck with me. It went something like, "hate the person, poison yourself."

    Amen to you Jojo!

    God bless and have a marvelous day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojo, thanks so much for this! I have been looking for something like this to 'sum up' how I feel about bin Laden's death.
    If you don't mind I would like to 'borrow' this for my Monday quote.
    Hope your weekend is going well and Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...