"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A grateful heart...




google images



The Pilgrims made
seven times more graves than houses.
no Americans have ever been
more impoverished than these who,
nevertheless,
set aside a day of
Thanksgiving.

H.U. Westermayer




...if the Pilgrims, who spent days digging graves while their houses
lay unbuilt, can take the time to be grateful then I, who sometimes gets lost in self-pity, anger and resentment, then I...I must be grateful.

The next few days will be busy ones as we prepare for the coming together of our family and friends to celebrate and give thanks.

Tomorrow, if I can find the woods beneath the snow, I will see what gifts mother nature has for me to use in my holiday centerpiece.

I will find Gratitude in the day and look for 'gifts' that I often take for granted.

Sending you the Peace and Joy that can only come from having a Grateful Spirit.  Blessings to you and yours...

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty centerpiece!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jojo. I hope you get to spend it with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a strong and brave woman to be able to be thankful for her blessings when her world is in such turmoil. I admire you Jojo and pray God continues to give you the strength you need to be well.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving sweetie ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're an amazing woman, Miss jojo. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hummm center piece ... i never decorate with anything but the food... everyone seems ot enjoy it though so thats good :)
    hang in there its all good when we wake for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope myou have a wonderful day with your family. I am catching up on reading. Glad to know that the surgery is behind you and am praying for good results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your words today Jojo!
    Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs* Have a blessed Thanksgiving. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! Your thankful spirit pervades this post and brings a sweetness despite all the trials you have endured. I wish you peace and pure joy on this Thanksgiving.

    XO ~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jojo, Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...