"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

White Wednesday...35 (4)...

...I don't believe that it is Wednesday again, how did I manage to fly through another week?  Do you feel it too? 

Thanks to Kathleen at Faded Charm for hosting our Wednesday get together.  For more whites, head on over and check out her blog...believe me, you won't be disappointed.



when my daughter was growing up she wanted to collect something 'different.'  Something that no one else (at least no one that she knew) would think of collecting.  What she came up with was, beaded purses and hand-held mirrors.  It has been a very interesting time trying to find these things to add to her collection.  She now has approximately a dozen purses and half-dozen hand-held mirrors (vintage only!).  When she left home many years ago she left a few of them for me to enjoy.  




these gloves and the below hankie belonged to my mother.  I have been told they were worn/carried at her wedding in 1945.



one of the beautiful hand mirrors...







I hope you enjoyed the whites as much as I did.  Check back next week to see what I can come up with...it is beginning to be a challenge to find the whites, but it is so much fun looking for them everywhere I go!  Have a good Wednesday.

18 comments:

  1. What a sweet collection...Happy WW!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  2. These whites that you found are lovely, and I especially like the beaded purse and the hand mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection. I'm quite fond of vintage purses and gloves. Oh, and hats! Blessings...
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beaded purse...so beautiful!! I have a black one of my mom's..they are so terrific! Lovely and beautiful photos..everything is gorgeous!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I especially love the white hanky!! Lovely embroidery on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies could be real ladies back then. That beady purse is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All things are simply beautiful! Here, I collected roosters and all things pineapples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks quite fancy...like you are going to lunch with the Queen!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and creative collection! That beaded purse/gloved look is one I wish still existed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet that the gloves and hanky have a history with your mom. I have a pair of gloves and a hanky that belonged to my Grandmom, I also share her name. Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty collections and yes, I feel it to. Where does the time go?

    Enjo yyour day.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to have Treasures from Your Mom's...Just Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty girly collection. These are the kind of things that my daughter and I sell on our boutique.Isn't is great when our daughters collect too. Then we can go hunting treasures together. So much fun!
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all just beautiful together. Love the purse!!.., and,yes, the days seem to be going by fast. Are you doing the "White Wednesdays" more than one day a week? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such exquisite hand bag and mirrors! What great things to collect ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What special items to have. What a fun collection for your daughter to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a yummy collection of whites Jojo. I love the fact that you have your mother's gloves and hankie. I would love to have something like that from my mom. She never thought of keeping things like that. She was all about the next new thing. She's still that way.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...