"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, February 12, 2010

Heartfelt Friday...


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
 We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actuallly, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."


this quote is from Marianne Williamson but is often credited to Nelson Mandella who celebrated twenty years of freedom today.


We are all meant to shine!

12 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I needed to hear this! Sometimes I get so insecure about how vulnerable I am on my blog. How openly I shine my "light", I guess you could say. I needed to hear this today. Thank you!!

    Mind if I use it for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed to hear this today too, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shine every time you post, dear. Have a pleasant weekend.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect! i saw nelson mandella on tv last night. What an awesome human being. great post JoJo.
    <><

    hope all is well with you. havent heard from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoJo I was thinking about you last night and then this morning I see you were thinking about me too. Strange small world we live in.
    Thank you for this post...I think we all need to print it out and read it often.
    Love your comment you left me
    Always
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Jojo! I agree with chicken boys...boy do ever shine! Thank you for such an awesome quote, I think we all needed to hear this today.

    Hugs to you sweetheart and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such wonderful things to share! I love reading your blog! You truly inspire me! Thanks! Sometimes I get really down on myself, but you have just put it all into perspective! I am like the others....I needed this! Have a wonderful week-end! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool. your blog looks beautiful! Thanks for the note! I tend to be a shrinker, fear you know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you tonight so wanted to come by and check on you.
    Hope your well
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'morn, Jojo ~ What a wonderful piece to share ... says it all so clearly.

    How are you? I hope you aren't 'watered down' too much out there. It doesn't seem as tho you've had snow much at all this year.

    Have a beautiful day, my friend.
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...