"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, October 1, 2009

On such a day...


"On such a day each road is planned
To lead to some enchanted land;
Each turning meets expectancy.
The signs I read on every hand.
I know by autumn's wizardry
On such a day the world can be
Only a great glad dream for me--
Only a great glad dream for me!"
-   Eleanor Myers Jewett, An Autumn Day

3 comments:

  1. Ahh Autumn is upon us. It is beautiful, I just dont like what comes next!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying really hard to embrace the new season, but ... I do miss summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi; just found your blog; enjoyed reading some of your entries; I do hope you are feeling better by now

    we live in So. Calif so we don't have a dramatic change of the seasons like so many others do, but there is a touch of fall in the air this morning with a cool breeze :)

    looking forward to getting to know you more

    betty

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...