"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday's Tuesday's Tids...

...I don't know if I should scream or cry, or have a glass of wine!
  • when we got home from running some errands, on Saturday, there was a phone message for me from my doctor.  Can that ever be good?
  • she needed to see me ASAP regarding some lab work I had done earlier in the week.
  • I called Monday to schedule said appointment...no one knew what I was talking about.  I got an appointment for Tuesday at 6pm.  (office hours end at 5pm)
  • all the worry was for naught.  I have a few issues in my lab values but they are known to my doc and it is something we have been addressing for several months.  geez, wine or Valium?
  • sadly my vegetable garden and flowers are winding down for the season.  Now the clean up will start...I love fall, not so much the clean up.
  • we have seven maple trees in our back yard. 
  • and thistles...we have many, many thistles.  Tomatoes I cannot grow...thistles...yes!
  • on the Hydrangea drying front: the lavender-blue blooms are coming along just fine.  I put them in a vase with 1inch on water in the bottom and will let them dry naturally.  I tried the same with the vivid-pink and within a few days they had shriveled up.  I have a few more of the pink blooms so I may just try one of your other ideas.  
So that's it for this Wednesday/Tuesday.  Stay tuned for some more interesting posts...you know..if I can think of anything!

in need of assistance,
mama pajama  

6 comments:

  1. wow, that was alot of info in a short post JoJo!
    Glad the doc appt wasn't anything too serious:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that would scare me half to death! Did you tell your doc NOT to do that again? Glad it was not something to serious! You are in my daily thoughts. I have been very sleepy lately. I had a change in meds, so my favorite thing to do is SLEEP! LOL. I will get a blog up soon with pics of my special surpise prize!! ILY
    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hate it when I get some kind of message about something needing to be addressed and then when you finally can get ahold of whomever or whatever... nobody knows what you are talking about! I threw a shoe across the room one day years ago because I was so frustrated with lab people. It felt so good that I threw the other shoe. Of course then I had to go pick them up and nobody but me knew I did it but it sure felt good.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have received those kinds of calls before and demanded that the doctor call me immediatly. Usually worry for naught.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOO they should never frighten a patient! Bad form.
    Did you have to speak of garden clean up? Is there a magic fairy out there who will attend to this humongous task? You'll be right over? Oh Jojo your just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...