"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, September 21, 2009

One bad apple...

...can spoil the whole bunch.

Several years ago, when my son moved away from home, his bedroom quickly became the drop-it-get-it-out-of-the-way room.  Anything we couldn't readily find a place for, found a place in that room and quickly the closet was overflowing along with several bookshelves and cupboards.  You get the picture, I know you do.

I kindly told my husband that if he cleaned up the room he could have it as his own.  His sort of 'man' room, where he could watch t.v., have a nice desk, read...whatever. 

I waited, and waited and waited, and years passed and the room grew wearier.

A couple of years ago I claimed it as my own and began sorting through all the wonderful thrift shop finds, old clothes, the stuff the kids left behind when they moved out, etc.  I cleaned the bookshelves and organized crafting projects and boxed up everything that needed to be saved and quickly moved it into the closet in my daughter's old room.  Last summer, for my B-day, the hubs gave me a closet organizer.  I had decided to move my clothes out of our shared closet and into my own.  And since blogger won't let me upload any pics you will have to take my word for it...I loved it!  It is the type with shelves down the middle, a two-tiered hanging section on one side and then a one-tiered (?) hanging section on the other side of the shelves.  I filled that baby up real quick.

Yesterday, I decided that I wanted to organize the clothes according to color, rather than long-sleeve, short-sleeve, tank-top...now... it is a beautiful sight.  White, black, grey, orange (what the heck?), blue, green.  Then on the bottom rack are all of my blouses.   And dresses, long tops are on the other side.  In the middle, on the shelves, I put pull-out baskets. (again, no pics)  I couldn't wait to put my hands on my hips and show the hubs all my lovely work.

Before I go any further I have a confession...I have an inherited condition that causes me to buy shirts.  Not t-shirts, or blouses, but, shirts.  They are nice, easy to care for, can be worn anywhere and with most any type of pant or skirt.  I cannot control this desire, there is no medication or cure...I must have them...many, many, of them.  Close to 80 in fact, not including vests, sweaters, or sweatshirts....it's a sickness I tell you with all my heart!

So here we have this beautiful, stuffed, but color coordinated closet and I am showing it off to the hubs and the dog (who seems mildly interested for some reason) when all of a sudden a gigantic-huge-very large-extremely creepy-spider comes walking out.  You all know that I can deal with a lot of things but spiders creep me out, ESPECIALLY when they are in my closet, living lives and having families in. my. clothes....I am going to be sick....I have a thousand questions...


I may have just found a cure for my shirt disease...
how was your weekend?


mama pajama 

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I kow that type of room - consdiering we've been working on clearing the one in our house out for my MIl! its still not ready!!
    Anyway - spiders, in your closet, ick..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There could be worse things than having a shirt fetish! I, too, organize my clothes by color and shirt sleeve length!
    No photos of the newly organized room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am about to give birth to that kind of room...it's the guest room and it seems like the door swings constantly with kids being in and out. With Michael moving to Virginia(he has a job interview tonight and one tomorrow) and the girls working/going to school it tends to be a catchall that I am going to solve this Friday! Hopefully! Maybe? take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a room like that too...still waiting to be claimed by someone!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well at least you have a shirt for any occassion!! LOL. I rarely buy clothes, so my closet is no way full. I hate being overweight, so I just don't buy clothes.

    Oh I hate spiders too. I went to let the dogs out the other night and David hears this scream and comes scared I had cut my arm off or something and it was a spider. Oh I hate those boogers..LOL

    I think we all have a room like that. We have a quest bedroom, that I keep clean, and David's room, his computer, futon, etc but the closets in those 2 rooms need help. Our catch all is the garage. It gets all those things, I need to just throw out. We would love to see pics opf that nice and beautiful closet and room!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up Jojo! 80 shirts, yes I'm sure that would qualify as some sort of disorder.
    I can't believe that you would show hubs the proof of your illness. I always say 'Oh I've had this forever. (does last week qualify as forever)?
    Loved this post.
    Hugs to you, (and the spider in your shirt)
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep! That would do it for me. I'd be packing up some shirts and setting a "bomb" off in the closet or at the very least, empty a can of Raid on everything.
    Shirt fetish or not, you need to be sure that Charlotte didn't leave babies or puffy little egg sacks in the folds of all that fabric. Oh my. A big spider...., there is nothing worse.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...