"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, April 3, 2009

Shades of Marie Barone...

Do you remember that episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Marie took a sculpting class? She gave her project to Debra and Raymond as a gift. It was quite large and would only fit in their living room. Marie couldn't understand why they kept covering it up and was rightly offended thinking they didn't like it. She had no idea that everyone but her saw something slightly inappropriate in the shape of the sculpture. It reminded people of a certain area of a woman's body and Marie was horrified when this was pointed out to her.

Yesterday we went for a walk at a local bulb farm. We have been in search of Spring and thought we might find it there even though it had snowed that morning and was now cold and rainy. As we walked around the gardens looking at all the bulbs in assorted stages of bloom I came across a sculpture I had never seen before. As many years as we have been going to the bulb farm and, as many years that this has been called the "Daffodil Valley," I still had not seen this structure. Immediately upon viewing it that episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" jumped into my mind and I snapped a picture of it. Tell me what you think...



8 comments:

  1. OMG JoJo, I very much remember that episode I love E L R !!!
    There can be something a bit odd about that sculpture of a daffodil... and have you ever stopped to look at a closed tulip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that episode. :)

    I think this statue looks far LESS sexaul than Marie's did!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that episode. Marie was the best! And I do see a little bit of her hand in that daffodil...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the show E L R too but I missed that one. Interesting sculpture though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Everyone Loves Raymomd. Such a great show!! I do remember that episode, Hope that you had fun at the bulb farm and got some beautiful stuff you can share later in the spring. It is cold here also and very windy!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol....you make me laugh!!
    Thanks to MaBunny I am now going to have to study a closed tulip next time I see one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...