"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

old dog, new tricks...

...what is that old saying?  You can't teach an old dog new tricks.  Well this old dog is tricked to her limit and despising every moment of tryig to learn Widows 10, where my archived photos are hiding and the new blogger dashboard.  What the hell blogger?


I've been trying to get into the Christmas spirit, slowly but surely.  another old saying.  Finally got hubby to get down the Christmas decorations and now boxes and crates litter the dining room.  It will probably take me two weeks to go through them and then end up putting out only a few things.  Seems every year we decorate less and less, must be how it is when your children are grown and leave home and think they can have lives of their own and make their own decisions....run on sentence a little?



every year I plant paperwhite bulbs in early December and by Christmas day they are usually a foot tall and blooming.  So yesterday I got out all the necessary items and got ready to plant, a little late this year.
a few pretty bowls that I use as planters and some pretty rocks my son collected on his trips, also a few marbles to throw in the mix.  I set the bulbs in a small amount of soil and then fill with the rocks etc. and water.
as I was cleaning out last years planter I found this rubber marble.  I guess I really do have the whole world in my hand.  Not.
I cut some pretty ribbon I found at the store over the weekend and adorned my various bunnies since I never put them away after Easter.  Looks festive, maybe I'll just tie ribbon around everything and call it a day.

I even got a little poinsettia.  I love the variegated leaves on this one.  Almost pulled off the yellow one thinking it was dead and then realized it was multi-colored.  We haven't been to the Poinsettia festival yet but will probably go this weekend.  It's always such a beautiful sight, held at a local nursery with little things to nibble on while browsing antique Christmas d├ęcor, accompanied by lovely carols on a grand piano, smells of cinnamon and fresh balsam.  Love it.

Be well dear friends, be safe out there, enjoy the season of joy and light.

2 comments:

  1. You are way ahead of me, nothing to show at all here. Maybe the quick trip to the emergency department on Monday with VERY high blood pressure and the shakes has something to do with it. I am trying to take life slower, avoid all stress, and not get concerned about anything I cannot change or that is too hard to accept. Keep on with your darling bunnies, the lovely plant, and in 2 weeks all will be done at your place. And those bulbs will be beautiful flowers, how nature takes care of so much for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave up on Windows 10 and went back to 7. Felt like I was back home :)Looks like you are getting into the spirit of the season. I've downsized so much, I only put out a few things. I did purchase a nativity scene which should have been bought many years ago. My brother's gf took over the one we had has a child. I would liked to have had it, but at least my brother is enjoying it :) Have a wonderful weekend Jojo xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...