"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, December 12, 2016

I'm in trouble...


...not supposed to post photos of the grand-boy but since no one comes here anymore and you really can't recognize him i'm gonna see if I get in trouble!

The little guy came over on Saturday and we baked Christmas cookies.  I have never had the pleasure of baking with either of the grands so this was extra special to me.  It's a grammy thing and I should not have been denied this pleasure for so long! 

As soon as he was in the door he ran to the apron hook and picked out one of them.  As you will see one side kept slipping down and for some reason I kept pulling my left sleeve up as if it was falling down.  gah.  Next he ran over to the crock that holds all my rolling pins (small collection) and picked out one for him and another for mama.  And we were off;



as you can see it takes mega concentration to roll the dough, thus the tongue.  Rolling, flipping, rolling, cutting, cookie sheet, baking and patiently waiting for the best part: frosting.  I swear there was more frosting and licking of the frosting knife in that childs mouth than in the container.  He taste tested every colour and sprinkle and apparently they passed.  And here we have the end result:



not bad for a three year old!  I think he may have been practicing at home.

Well, all the boxes of decorations are still sitting in the dining room with one exception...our little tree.  Yay, if you remember, and there is no reason why you would, we couldn't find our tree last year.  It was of course hiding in plain sight.  It's up and shining brightly but now I must search for Miss M's ornaments.  Dang.  She is coming to make a gingerbread house with me next week.  More baking with my babies babies...is there anything better.

I hope your holiday season is going well, healthy and bright.  Shine on dear friends.


4 comments:

  1. What fun - they are so excited at this age to do the baking - my local grandsons are getting a bit older - 12 and 15 and so a day baking is rare - but all the more fun because of it. Next we are going to try some ornaments - paint inside clear glass (or plastic) - should be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that concentration! I am finishing my baking today and am sure it will be efficient, but I wouldn't mind a little chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy that with your grandson, Joanne....should have happened before this but better late than never. He is darling-love the concentration he shows.

    Merry Christmas to you-and good luck with the gingerbread houses. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

  4. So wonderful, the little blessings.
    Merry Christmas, Joanne. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...