"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, January 17, 2015

ANTICIPATION...

...the little grandgirl has three cousins on the other side of the family, all girls, all older by several years.  I don't think their mother ever, EVER gave anything away and saved it all for the day her sister-in-law (my dil) would have a child.  Once that happened all sorts of things started showing up at their house, toys, clothes, books, you name it she has want for nothing.

This weekend grandma (me) is taking grandgirl to her first, and more importantly my first, Princess Tea.  It is a grand event put on by the Daffodil Princess' and includes tea, pictures, tiara's, baton-twirling and chatting with the lovely ladies.  I will try to control myself and not wear my fairy grand-mother dress, twirl my baton or wave my magic wand but the little one?  Oh Lawdy.  Let me just say that anticipation is at a fever pitch.

Her daddy called awhile ago to tell me that the little one can't decide which Princess dress (passed down from the cousins) she should wear.  She has at least 1/2 dozen.  So she is going to bring them all to my house in the morning, try each one of them on for papa and I and then decide which to wear.  I'm getting a little excited myself...anticipation!

be joyful and expect beautiful things! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, can't wait to see you in a Princess outfit, complete with wand and wings, so lovely to be with the littlies when it is their special day. Enjoy it to the utmost .Hugs,Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything better than being a gramma?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***** that's 5 stars for Queen Grandmas and Princess girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are going to have a 'ball' at the Princess Ball! I can feel your excitement Joanne clear across this vast continent of ours!
    Have a ball....I mean a 'ball'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have an amazing time!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...