"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

and then we move on to plan B...


after getting myself up, brushing myself off and trying to 'smile' away my humiliation we decided that perhaps we should use our car to get around town.   good thinking eh?

While we were on the trolley, and for gah's sake who falls out of a trolley?, I noticed a few places I wanted to visit so we headed over to our first stop;

 A vintage hardware store.  VINTAGE.  I could hardly get out of the car fast enough but really you know that's not the case, I got out of the car and made it safely into the store where angels were singing and the stars were shining and Barry Manilow was singing overhead.  They had the best 'stuff.'  And in the back was vintage architecture.   I was wishing we had a truck so I could back it up and load it with all the wonderful things that I, of course, needed.  (I couldn't take photos inside but took a few through the window).







 does anyone know what the last photo is?  

We spent the rest of the day riding around town and taking pictures of a lot of beautiful buildings, then headed down to Seaside to get a look at the ocean.   Coming soon.
 

3 comments:

  1. Well hello there Joanne! I've been off typing, typing, typing; but took a break to see what my favorite fellow Pacific Northwesterner blogger has been up to. Astoria I see. Been through several times 'on the way to...' but never stayed. I do think it's charming though, and worthy of a real visit. Sorry about your fall. Glad only your finger and your ego were bruised. Enjoy the rest of our beautiful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the last photo is a ticker tape machine. Joanne, I am sorry you fell. I know what you mean about "needing" things. LOL Hope your day is a great one. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was ticker tape as well :) Oh. I so wish I could walk around there with you! Vintage. Makes me giddy thinking about it LOL. That and Primitive :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...