"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, June 29, 2013

in the garden...

 
first of all~~~fuzzy picture alert!
 
recently the hubs brought home this
unusual bouquet of flowers
nothing that I had ever seen before.
 
 

while beautiful I have not been able to find
any info on just 'what' they are.


the flower sits atop a rather large
pod type of thing,
the leaves are firm and remind me
of eucalyptus.

 
any ideas
my brilliant
gardening friends?
 
 
Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I have NO idea at all what they are. They remind me of a desert flower of some type. Very unusual-but lovely- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are lovely! I don't know one flower to the next except for the major ones like roses, tulips, carnations, or daffodials so I am lost. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thought some sort of cactus type flower. It's very pretty whatever it is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen such a thing either! It will be interesting to find out though. I hope your summer is going awesome. Are you getting this extreme heat too? A little too hot for me :)
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour on those blossoms. I suspect it is in the succulent/cactus family, if that helps.
    Would this survive outside in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool looking plant, but I haven't a clue either! Let us know when you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "fuzzy picture alert" - I love that. Can I use that? I have a lot of fuzzy pictures. Also? I have no idea idea what plant that is, but it looks like it would grow very very big and start eating people.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...