"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday snap...

 
cousins first hug
Miss M 2 yr.
Little Boss  5 months
 
 
 


awwww...


O.K.  that's enough!
 
 
Many years ago my daughter came bounding home from school with some
very important news.
She could hardly get in the door and up the stairs before
telling me the wonderful thing she learned
in school that day.
She had read a story in the newspaper,
yes they read the newspaper everyday in class,
she was about eight at the time,
but I digress...
she had read an article in the paper  about a scientific
study and the amazing results that
IF
a person was to give and receive the equivalent
of twelve hugs a day
they would live longer and happier lives!
From that day on
every nite before bed
after saying her prayers
and reading a story
she would give us
12 hugs...counting each
and
every
one
of
them
out loud
one
at
a
time.
one-two-three-four-five-six-
seven-eight-nine-ten-eleven-
~TWELVE~
 
May your day be filled with love and hugs both giving and receiving.
We all need that wonderful
light in our lives.
p.s.  12 just happens to be my favourite
number.

4 comments:

  1. What adorable little sweeties!!! Fantastic pictures of them. We love hugs around our place and hug a lot. Our belief is everyone needs a hug and we give them every chance we get. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne-Those little ones are just beautiful children. I could just kiss their chubby little cheeks. I think that was a great lesson your daughter learned at school. 12 is a great number! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Boss is warming up to his big cousin! I love that your daughter read the news, that they actually reported something as nice as the 12 hugs story, and that she so wanted to do that with her family! 12 virtual hugs to you today. Now I'm gonna go hug somebody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have Heaven on Earth with those 2 little ones. You are indeed blessed. My number is 16...think Colin will let me give him 16 hugs? Two days to leaving for deployment...color me sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...