"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 19, 2012

don't let the door hit you in the b*tt on your way out of town...

courtesy; nasa




Welcome Spring, when the Sun crosses the Equator bringing us warmer days and shorter nights.  One of only two times a year that this phenomenon happens....see even in Nature balance is overrated!

We've had a mild winter here, well, until the last few weeks.  Had our usual (1) big snowstorm which closed down the city, lots of dreary days and mild temps and of course more than our share of rain.  This year has been a little strange though, now we've got snow, hail, ice, and colder temps.  They are baking in the mid-west and we are freezing in the northwest.   Well, I am still hoping that Spring is going to kick some Winter butt and we will soon be enjoying those warmer sunny days.  Happy Spring!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure this will happen... and then we will be complaining about the heat.
    It sure has been a funny year hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great photo.
    And yeah, been no winter here and I am a little worried what it will mean for summer...
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with this one!! Also agree with Connie LOL. It won't be long before it's 90 degrees.

    I love Spring as well Ms. Jojo...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My car temp said 85 today...in Ohio..in March! Crazy! But I'm happy it's Spring anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had the strangest winter yet! We have NOT had any blizzards like we usually do. We have temps that are higher than you and I am in Michigan!!! Wow! We are about 20 to 30 degrees higher than normal at this point in the year. However, I am thankful because it means less aches for me!!!

    I love spring!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. what if we all join forces and "picket" mother nature. We'll show her (tee,hee)
    Spring is certainly NOT here either. Cold and windy and muddy.
    That does not spell spring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last few weeks have just been so weird! Rain beating on my windows tonight, but the daffodils are blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am weary of hearing reports of snow in March. Don't want to see any more hail. A little March rain is expected, but the other stuff...C'mon, give us a break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jojo! We are having a very early spring here in Nova Scotia...it was 24 degrees C today! It was warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous picture Joanne. Spring I think has already passed by in AZ. but that's AZ for you and I always grieve when winter is over there, because I KNWO what is coming, ARG, summer!!
    Up here in the San Juans, it is spring but it's also a time when some of the biggest snowstorms hit like this past week.
    Gorgeous here today...........

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...