"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, January 16, 2012

Toilet talk...

...why YES! It's finally come to this...my muse is gone and I am about to do a post about toilets.  Let's be clear here..if you had clicked on the link in the previous post I would have nothing to post about so in a way I owe you my gratitude!





A Hi-John is an elevated toilet or toilet seat.  It can be purchased as a one-piece toilet or can be bought as a portable seat riser.  Usually the seat is extended to add another four to five inches.  If you are of a certain age, like me, or have disc problems like the hubs, or have lower back stress fractures...um, me, or any of a myriad of malaise this is a wonderful way to enhance your life.  We have them in both our bathrooms and love it.  If you get the portable ones they are horrid to clean...just sayin'. 

You will enjoy this in utter bliss until you remember not everyone has them, nor every public restroom, and then you will practically break an arm when you miscalculate the distance down to the seat floor.

This is today's lesson on toilets! Your welcome...you enough.

17 comments:

  1. oh girl you are funny. your muse isn't gone at all just write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Keep posting! You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it.....keep posting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, so if the portable ones are hard to clean, what do you have? Maybe this would help with my arthritic knees!!!
    Girl, you make me smile, and I just adore you!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie
    PS. You PO'd at me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never...what reason would I possibly have??? you silly one.

      Delete
  5. I can count on you to give me a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed at how much I learn on blogs! Good lesson and you never know when this information could come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am laughing at the falling to the floor. I get use to the height of my toilet and when I use a really low one feel like i'm falling, not easy on the old body.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am fascinated by this for some reason. Fascinated....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I never knew this!! Wonderful invention. The drop. Kind of like when the man leaves the seat up and you sit?

    Maybe not that bad, but close :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I/we could see certain advantages to one of these! Won't get into any details other than thanks for this.....I didn't know the portable ones were available.
    Never know what you are 'up to' Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had them on 2 of our toilets when Momma was here. She was so weak that bending down to sit that low hurt her. My brother was horrified by them and calls them caves. I don't have them now since she is in Heaven, but I didn't know their name. They really helped my mom a lot. Sometimes when my legs and hips are so sore, I think, I should have kept them on.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. You funny girl! Oh don't you just hate when you free fall to the toilet seat?
    Are you ready for the big storm coming. I am off to dig out the snow shovel.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha...I totally get this. In our house our toilet is HIGHER then the regular kind. I love it. AND...it has a heated seat. ahhhh, wonderful.
    especially at times like these when it is 31F degrees below zero right now. NO KIDDING.
    and yes, I rather hate it in public bathrooms or other places then my own, when the toilet feels like it is practially sitting on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We call them "high profile" toilets here in the midwest, and we had one installed in a hall bathroom last year at the recommendation of our handyman. I love it so much that we'll be replacing the rest of the toilets in our house this spring!

    You're absolutely right about the surprise of sitting on a public seat after becoming accustomed to the high profle variety...whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this informative post.
    My mom had a different one that attached to the toilet and had metal side arms on it. She love it and used it at home all the time. Some folks think it's kind of silly until you need it. Then, it's a person's best friend.
    I say... Whatever works and makes your life easier.
    Old pioneer woman didn't have these accessories (and other more critical items) that we take for granted.
    The good old days weren't that wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. JoJo, I have been singing the praises of the tallest toilets we could get and install at our home... It is amazing what a difference a few inches make on the ability to get up from the throne. Of course, now one has to figure out how to only go to the bathroom at home to avoid nasty almost falls on to the lower loos.

    Fun post... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...