"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January five...

...whilst I am waiting for my Muse to return I thought I would do this month's list of 5.    A couple of them are just my thoughts about January and another few are some observations that I have been forced to endure so far this year.



Miss Maude  11 months


enjoying;
The feeling that everything is new.

The smell of cold weather and snow in the air.

observation;
if you don't know what a Hi-John is then well...if you are of a certain age... you should. Trust me on this one.

if you forget to activate your new debit card and you have $180 of groceries in your cart on a Friday evening after banking hours don't be alarmed if the people in line behind you are a little pissed, angry mob, irritated.

if you clean a weeks worth of produce and leave it in a colander on a towel and covered with a paper towel don't be upset when it disappears only to find out that hubby thought it was trash.  Yes, he. did.

Have a great week peeps.  Be kind.  You enough.

15 comments:

  1. Miss Maude looks like she's driving a car. Must be a brilliant child... just looks young for her age. LOL!
    I don't know what a "Hi John" is. I'm sure that I'm OLD enough that I should... but I don't.
    The rest of the observations are "Oh no"s and happen all the time. Just act calm and move ahead. Life always presents moments of chaos and that's just the way it is. After 60, it seems like more of these moments happen than not. Ce la vie!
    We had wind today, and some clouds. It's colder. Maybe Winter is moving in. I HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that rain is headed your way. We are supposed to get 15inches of snow tonight and tomorrow...ha! That will NEVER happen.

      Delete
  2. NoNo.... JoJo we are aiming for a peaceful 2012... I will keep reminded you,,,

    Love 'n Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I will undoubtedly need reminding!

      Delete
  3. Maude is such a beautiful little thing. 11 mos already, time goes to fast!!
    I too, do not know what a Hi John is...LOL.. And at 56, I am sure I am OLD enough...LOL.
    All that fresh produce gone.. ECK!!! But at least your hubby throws trash away, well what he thinks is trash...LOL.. Not happening in my house..
    Love ya my dear friend!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Jojo, Maude is just gorgeous! I know you have to be just having a ball with her.

    OK, I give! What is a high john! & I know I must be old enough to know.

    Have a lovely week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Maude is a cutie! And I guess I am of the wrong generation, because I do not know what a Hi-John is...

    *hugs* for the rough things. Hope you all have a better week this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so adorable, doesn't seem like she can be that old, didn't she just arrive?? There is nothing like the love you have for a grandchild, is there?
    I am sad to say that I did not get my High John installed yet, but just having inside facilities has dampened my disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maude is beautiful! Thrown away produce...not.

    I'm with Helen...2012 is going to be good. Maybe this is the year I find out what's wrong with my stomach LOL

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughing, laughing, laughing! Throwing the veggies out in the trash is one way for your hubby to turn his nose at veggies. I'm so sorry but I have no idea what a Hi-John is. Not only do we have the smell of snow in the air here today, we have snow. It's gorgeous and we are running errands now that the roads have cleared. I have to say, Maude is one beautiful, happy baby. Don't you just love to hold them close and just inhale that baby sweetness, knowing it passes in such a short time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of Miss Maude! She is a doll!!! I have no idea what a Hi John is but would like to know! I hope that 2012 is a great year for you. I can just see the people in line behind you, ugh, what an awful moment for you!!! I have done that!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding me? GAH!! Is he injured?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh-oh.... cleaning a WEEK'S worth of produce, only to have it pitched? Hmmmm..... Me thinks my Mister would be hungry for the week. Grrr.

    xo
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...