"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A minima Chrsitmas...



a few years ago when I decided to start a blog
(what was I thinking?)
one of the decisions that had to be made was the blog layout.
At that time there were few choices so I went with
stretch minima.
No particular reason except I like the sound of it
s-t-r-e-t-c-h- minima.

Did you know that minima is the pleural of
minimum?
An abundance of minimum all stretched out.
That really does seem to fit me don't you think?  There really is no point to all of this except that I wanted to use minima in a blog post and this surely seems
like a minima kind of Christmas.

from my lone wreath in the foyer (above)



and my barely dressed mantle
we are celebrating in a
minimal sort of way.
Our tree is up yet unadorned,
we call this
Maude decorating.


I have a lone Poinsettia sitting on the hearth
soaking in the late winter sunshine.
(and apparently a camera that can tell the future!)



and a few baubles on the window pane.

This is as ready as we are going to be this time around.  Not that we aren't counting out Blessings but more of a
stop
look around
feel it in your heart.
The things that spend all year in a tote in the attic
are not what makes our Christmas.
It's the love and joy we carry for those who touch our lives all year long.
We just added a little sparkle and glitter here
and there
this year but
Jesus is always our reason.

Wishing you Joy and Peace during this Christmas season.
May you find the blessings of your heart
and share them with each other.

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah
Happy Holidays

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too. I enjoy the freedom of not decorating. It is my kids turn to do this for there children. And This lack of holiday in my home brings me joy. As I do not feed the winter blues or holiday stress of what to do. What to buy. I have simplified to the point of a family dinner gathering that brings us all great joy. The kids are the ones who like the bling the most. And I can now feel better about this time of year. As in the past. It was too much pressure. Big hug and lots of love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too. Minima means less to put away after the season leaving more time for thinking about you resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Jojo. You have such a 'good eye' and a flair for the 'minima'! That window looks terrific!
    All the best.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I were a mini-er ma--but maybe this new year, I'll drop some weight! :) I love your window pain decor--that's my kind of thing, too.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My middle name is Minima and it does give us so much more time to really enjoy Christmas. Your decorations are peaceful and beautiful, Jojo.

    I hope you and your family have the most wonderful Christmas of all!

    Much love ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your minima decor is gorgeous!! I love that ornament wreath and good heavens the date on your camera is very interesting, especially to the Mayan's I'm sure. Merry Christmas to you and yours. xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your family a very Happy, Merry and Blessed Christmas sweet JoJo. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kind of like the Christmas I am having this year.
    Wanted to come by before things get to hectic this weekend and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy Happy New Year.
    Lets keep in touch more because I miss you
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like quality not quantity and it's lovely dear! Hope you are feeling well and have a wonderful Christmas. I just finished watching The Christmas Story. It makes me laugh every year!
    minima is a good word- or mini ma if we are talking about what size we are...well a ma can wish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your thoughts on Christmas and not going overboard on the decorating. I feel the same way. The last few years it's been an effort to decorate, but others seem to think something is wrong with you if you don't want to put up a tree. I agree ~ none of it is what makes it Christmas. I didn't really feel like it was Christmas until I was in church last night singing the Christmas carols and worshiping God for sending his Son.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweet Jojo.....Just stopping in to see how you are. This was such a meaningful post....in so many ways...sweet lady.

    Have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your way of writing.... catchy and witty. :-)

    Ours is already all down and stored away until next year. I do all the decorating the day after Thanksgiving and by the time the falalala is over I'm sick of the whole shabang...and it just looks messy to me. So, off to storage until next year.

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year....

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your christmas decorating. Sounds a lot like my own this year! Pointsettia on the table and a few ornaments - that's it!

    You made me laugh - decorations that stay in a tote in the attic all year.... That's just the way I feel too. It's the joy and love I see in my family's eyes at Christmas. It's the spirit of Christmas in the air around us.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I just adored this post sweetie.

    I love your windowpane. I could use one of those!

    With eight grandkiddos I still go all out deckin' the halls and a bit in each room of the Ponderosa abode.

    That said...Jesus is the reason, let us not forget.

    God bless ya sweetie and have a fun kinda day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your photos...still loving the music paper wreath too! hugs...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...