"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday's tid-bits...





...it's been quite awhile since we stopped for a moment and took a little peek inside my pretty little head to see what is floating around amongst all the noise and clatter.

So here we go, from yellow doors to mama pajama.

I can't believe I painted my front door yellow aka "squash blossom."  Every time the car pulls away from the house I think...who does that?  Anyway, it's going to take a little getting used to.  As for now I feel I need to dress it up with something so it's a good deal that it's wreath season.

While perusing the DIY blogs I continue to see so many crafty ideas that for a moment I forget that I am not a crafter.  I will get it into my head that "I can do that," and order the supplies or ask hubs to take me to the craft store or worse ask him to go there for me.  Then with supplies in hand I will head down to the craft room, put the bag down and immediately forget about it.  A few weeks later the process starts all over again.  The bags of supplies are starting to take over so I have determined to do something about it.  Stay tuned because I'm gonna do a crafty thing.

And yes.  I'm not a crafty person but I have a craft room.

I did not have good news at the foot doctor today.   No steps forward and small steps back.  I can increase my time weight-bearing but only because things can't and won't get better.  Next week I will go in and have a cast made so that he can figure out some sort of permanent 'shoe' for me to wear during the day and then use the moon boot at night.    I am considering having a pity party for one, can't bring the house down you know.

Despite all my best efforts Mama pajama has been knocking at the door hoping to come in and stay for an extended visit.  For those of you who don't know about mama pajama consider yourselves lucky.  I wish I didn't know her too.

I will explain all of this later after I figure it all out myself!  Happy Tuesday y'all.

9 comments:

  1. *hugs* Jojo. I'll keep praying. God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Pajama? Hmmm....can't wait.

    So sorry about your healing. Go ahead and have a pity party. Sometimes we've just got to do that to move forward. I've been mulling around a diagnosis, not yet coming to terms, just feeling thankful in some weird way, so maybe that's what I need also.

    BTW, I was so excited about your yellow door I was asking Steve about painting our front door. My home is gray and yellow would look fabulous, so don't second guess your choice. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow door sounds happy ... like sunshine! I have been hosting my own pity party lately. No one really wants to join me, but I have gotten a hug or two. So I am sending one to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of your "squash blossom" door!!! Very sunny and cheerful!

    I am sorry to hear the healing isn't going as quickly as you want it to, but hopefully you can keep your chin up!!

    As for pity parties, I have had more than my share of those! I was recently deleting some "old" emails even from last spring and was instantly reminded that I was living a "pity party" life back then! I was really in a dark place! Wow! I am so glad that I am much better now, but I can totally relate to how you allow yourself to host a few of those parties!

    I am supporting a much better motto these days, "It isn't my problem!" That is what I tell myself when I see the people around me griping about things that are unfair! In the "pity party" days I would get involved and get brought down to their level, but I am learning to use my energy on more positive thoughts such as "squash blossom" doors!!!

    Have a GREAT day! I'm always here to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that your foot is not healing better for you! How mean of it!!! I do hope it does get better for you.

    I like the idea of a yellow door!

    I also have been known to buy craft stuff and then forget all about it! You aren't the only one!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a short pity party, eat some chocolate, then remember that the doc isn't the FINAL authority. Do what he says but believe that something better is going to happen.
    I thought I was the only one who has bags of projects lying around. I may have an entire wardrobe of fabric and patterns. Then there was the negligee making period, followed by the bathroom mural period (a big disaster), and oh, you'll love this, the rubbing stones-on-wood-to-polish it project! I once went to a Monet exhibit and went straight out and bought pastels...anyone can be an impressionist--right??? Wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojo, you are correct! You are not a 'crafter', you are an artist! I can't wait to see the finished product.....the door.
    A little step back for now, not what you expected I bet. Hang in there.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry for not visiting lately, but you are always in my thoughts, hon.

    I like the yellow door. Period.

    You can have a small, intimate pity party...spoil yourself and then get on with it. We are allowed :)

    Lots of us have great ideas about the craft stuff, but more than a few do not see them through. I am one who doesn't LOL

    I sure hope your foot issue gets fixed soon...got to be getting on your last nerve!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...