"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Say good-bye to Murphy...

 you all know Murphy right?  The most obnoxious of all uninvited guests?  The most unappealing, disruptive, expensive, frustratingly hateful, unwanted visitor of all times?
from the wiki:

"Murphy's law or the fourth law of thermodynamics" (actually there were only three last I heard) which states: "If anything can go wrong, it will."[5]

 Yeah, THAT  Murphy.

He's been hanging out here for a few weeks and I am at the point of total despair and must, must, insist that he leave.  I am not sending him your way and can only hope that he will meet some disdainful end on his way to where ever he is headed next.

Just a few of his shenanigans here this week:
found out about my stress fracture and all that goes with mending a broken in half foot.
went to pick up the kneely scooter and when the hubs came back to the car the battery was dead.
good Samaritan offered to help with the car, thank you. 
good Samaritan uses jumper cables incorrectly and 'blew out' all the lights on the dashboard...and the radio, heater and air.
downloaded 88 pictures of my sweet punky last night and moments later the computer flashed several times and then died.  I can only assume all my photos went poof too.
Well no, I didn't back up my files.  And yes, I know how stupid that was.


So to reiterate.
Dear Murphy, take your friends Mayhem and Misery and get out...O.U.T. out.  Do not pass go...do not look back...hit the road Jack...I have officially kicked you to the curb.  b-bye now.
signed:  jojoscott and company

10 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet friend! I am so sorry. I do know that if you can find the right guy/gal, a lot of things can be retrieved from a crashed-down computer! So don't give up yet--you may still have those beauties..:)

    Hope you are feeling well otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey-I'm sorry I neglected to mention all the other crap that's going on! Esp. the stress fracture--I'm so sorry about that--and all of it. I want you feeling better! You have to forgive me--I'm definitely having a Fibro-flare and brain fogs are a part of it!
    Forgive the silly sentimental grandma in me that thinks about losing pictures more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear about the battery thing. :( People with jumper cables usually know how to use them. That's why they have colors. :|

    We are well acquainted with Murphy here, too.

    It may just be the screen of your computer that went bad. Your hard drive may be fine. Don't know what kind of computer you have, there are lots of possibilities that may be simple fixes.

    But I understand that there is a lot of frustration here.

    *hugs hugs hugs* Hope things turn round and get better for you all soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...Murphy. When he visits, he does cause the madness and mayhem. Hopefully, he has moved on!!

    I'm sorry hon and we know it usually works this way. Rains it pours, etc.

    Fortunately, I find after this happens, it is followed by a calmer time LOL

    I agree with Linda..maybe just your monitor and hopefully you didn't lose anything!!

    Sending big hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it is true...when it rains, it pours.

    Take you computer to a 'geek' shop and have it checked out. I'll bet your hard drive is okay.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's hope Murphy will get the idea!!! What an awful thing it is. I do hope your pictures can be saved! you need those! I hope your foot is doing a bit better for you. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.


    heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hit the road Jack is right! Might I suggest that Murphy, and his friends Mayhem, Misery and the rest of them take up residence with my ex husband and his weird wife... I am sure they will like it there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my sweet JoJo I do hope that Murphy and all his friends have left and are way gone by now. I am so sorry to hear all that happened. Hope you can have a great weekend despite it all. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that this is hilarious to me but it is. I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you cuz it's all sooooo much at one time. Gotta laugh or you'll cry. Girlfriend, can it only go up or what???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my....you had some "Alexander" days, for sure! Here's to better days!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...