"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Fling...part 2...Pay it Forward...

...recently my pal, Suzan, from Oldgreymare put up a post encouraging all of us to get involved and Pay It Forward.   With all the misery and chaos in the world right now it is so easy to get overwhelmed and forget that a simple touch can mean so much.  It can touch the heart in so many ways and be an impetus for others to also reach out.

With this in mind I have decided to join in and Pay It Forward myself; I encourage you to do so!  Keep reading...





Here's how it works....(taken from Erin's blog)


The first five people who comment on this blog post will receive a handmade gift from me. (let me know if you want to participate).

In return, you must FIRST write a blog post explaining Pay It Forward 2011. Then.... send out a handmade gift to the first 5 visitors who leave a comment on your post. Take your time...you don't need to send them all today or tomorrow.

This is such a sweet way to connect with friends or meet new ones, by sharing things we create with our hearts.

"It's not the size of the gift that matters, but the spirit

of paying it forward."

6 comments:

  1. i am commenting because I love pay it forward but i am commenter 0 as i dont do handmade because unless its food I am not good at makeing it... I try all the time in some little way to pay it forward in life, either by carrying food to someone in need, paying for someone behind me in lines food, getting things for someone in need when i know there is a need. it is just what we all should do and should enjoy doing... I am thrilled to see 2011 in blogland doing the pay it forward again it is soooooo very worthy!
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jojo,
    Just wanted to say hi - as a new follower. I'm doing the Pay it Forward challenge too. Its such a great idea. Don't include me in your 5 but good luck. I haven't figured out what I'm going to make for my participants yet. Yikes, I better get thinking!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paying it Forward is such a great idea. There are a lot of ways to pay things forward, and we can all join in...by doing it! One day in the line at the coffee shop, a guy I didn't know paid for my coffee...just because. A small gesture, but it made my day. I did the same for someone the following week. I can think of a lot of ways we can "pay it forward", starting with a simple smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do it! I love received little love gifts from friends and it will be fun to do it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jojo, I'd be happy to take part in "Pay it Forward 2011", I'm always making something, and I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing with one of my little 'CrEaTiOnS', than possibly putting a smile on someone's face! I'll add this to my blog tomorrow at the latest! Thank you, so much for being so thoughtful, this will be fun! xo Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea, but I'm not a creator. I'm more along the lines of Laura, except I don't cook.

    I listen. Everyone needs an ear sometimes and I'm good at it. Strangers, especially. I try to do random things for others as often as I can. My word this year is give :)

    Love this Jojo!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...