"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, November 1, 2010

Ode to October...

...Oh, my dear October, my favorite time of year.  Thank you for the beauty you bring, for cooler days and crisp clear nights.

The show was magnificent, as always.  And even though we were quite soggy you did not slow down or hide your beautiful charms.


 The reds, the golds, the greens and brown, the everything in-between have reminded me to slow down.
 To be patient as I look around and watch your splendor. To savor every moment that is given to us.
Rest well, my sweet friend, until the next time around.  I will be waiting.

November: please be kind.  We have not always had a good relationship, in fact it has been quite hostile.  Please be gentle with me this go around and I will be forever grateful. 

Blessings to you all as we roll into another month, may it be a kind one to you and yours!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post...! I love October too. September and October are my favrotie months.

    And yes, my November did not start off auspiciously so far. It has to get better ... right? *heh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant favorite... But you knew that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love October also, but the cold weather has made me feel bad. I go to see the doc tomorrow as David made the appointment, as he is worried. Not sure what is going on, just hurt all over, pains everywhere. Please message me or text me as to your plans. I am thinking about you, and need to hear what's up. ILY.

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. October just flew by...and here comes November...my birthday month...before we know it...Christmas will be upon us. Yeah I know...I'm getting ahead of myself...lol I'm sending good karma your way for a wonderful November...

    (((BIG HUG)))
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. October did fly by and I'm already dreading Winter, even though I love November! Last year this time, I was in the hospital with pneumonia, so I'm thankful I'm here visiting you!

    You are in my nightly prayers for a good beginning to a new year and good health. Beautiful post sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have brown, dead weeds, and so many 'stickers'! No pretty, soggy leaves. We need rain! The temps are really nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love October, but now I don't. I still like september and am hoping november is a nice month to me. Although the weatherman said something about the white stuff flowing on friday. That doesn't sound too hopeful

    ReplyDelete
  8. November's going to be a great month!!!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...