"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesdays Child...





...is full of woe.  Woeful Wednesday.  Wednesday...whoa.  Time to take a few moments and tie up a few loos ends, all pretty with a sweet little bow.  By the way, I am not a Wednesday child but today I embrace my inner woe.

I wanted to do some catching up, not realizing how long it's  been since I posted.  Since taking part in the 30 day challenge I feel as though I have said all I possibly can about everything!  But, you have all been so kind and inquiring about my health that I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Last Friday, after a fun-filled exciting time long morning at the dentist getting my two front teeth capped (see previous post) I grabbed a coffee drink and headed over to my doctors office to have my thyroid biopsied.  47 needle pokes later, with no anesthesia at all, and a bruised neck, I went home with no real answers and many, many questions.

During the procedure, which was ultrasound assisted, the doc found a mass in my neck that is wrapped around my larynx and esophagus.  This may or may not be c but either way it needs to come out.  There were also five hard nodules on the other side of the mass.  All of these were biopsied.  The wait will be 5-7 days.

Note:  the ONLY symptom I have had of thyroid c is that I keep losing my voice.  All labs and other tests were normal.

I spent a long weekend with myself and am surprisingly at peace with all of this.  I finally got outside and 'fall-ified' my porch today.  Gourds and leaves and scare-crows oh my!  It truly is the most beautiful time of the year.  Thanks for thinking of me and for all the sweet comments and e-mails...they mean so much.  Blessings to you all...

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jojo, thanks for the update. I hope they find out what is causing the problems with your throat. Why do the DR's do those needle things without deadening? I'll be thinking of you.

    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have hurt someone if they had poked me like that without any anesthetic. I hate needles.
    Thoughts and prayers. *Hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Jojo ~ Lots of love coming your way ... prayers that you are ok.

    Have a great eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went. Thanks for the update. Gosh, you never felt all this in there? Yes, I'm examining my neck...

    You are a trooper and I'm praying that even though you'll have to have surgery, it will all be taken care of quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that you have gotten through the tests relatively unscathed. Now the damn wait. Hope you keep busy and keep your positive outlook. Jump into the decorating and posting! Good to hear from you.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jojo- I'm so sorry for all the pain and worry. Friends and family can't take pain away, but worry can certainly be shared (((((JOJO)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post thanks

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...