"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday's **snap**

...where I share a snapshot of my weekend, both literally and figuratively.  Why don't you jump on in and let me know how your weekend was?  







Saturday was a lovely welcome to Spring (sorry if Spring has not made it over to your place), a sunny, sorta warm day to be outside as long as you were looking up.  Otherwise, looking down brought it's own version of Spring...leftover Fall and Winter chores.  Leaves, moss, long grass, weeds, weeds, weeds..*sigh.*
Sunday was Winter again, two-faced Spring!  Cold, windy and raining.  Thus the cookie making..yum.  And, the kitchen is DONE..except for the faucet...arghhh.


Have a good week y'all.

14 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate a two-faced spring! Saturday it hit 78 degrees and this morning it's in the 30s with snow flurries! So strange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the dramatic weather change here, too :( But spring is here, so it will have to get better eventually, won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our whole weekend was nice. I may have to start with the grass mowing soon. Flowers are everywhere, and temps are in the 60's and 70's.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wet, everything is so wet and squishy.... and cold :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautifuL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My weekend was very much like your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been fighting an urge for cookies for a week, maybe two! I can just taste that dough.....arghhh
    I baked a welcome home cake for my neighbor that was in Iraq. The frosting was sliding and I am embarrassed over how that cake looked. It'll taste good though if they eat it. It's the thought right? I love your tulip tree. I've always wanted to plant one of those. So what all did you do to your kitchen? My memory is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy spring is here JoJo! You just dont know how happy I am!
    Woot!!!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup! Hot for several days, windows thrown open day & night, beautiful breezes ... today cold, nasty rainy day.

    Those cookies look pretty darn good, Jojo ... share?

    Happy spring!
    Have a beautiful week.
    TTFN~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was raining and cold here so I stayed in and printed out pictures and framed them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well....it is creeping into winter here and the mornings are getting darker and the evenings arriving earlier:) Oh well.....
    I love your idea of Monday photos....I may just pinch that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, ooh, ooh, save me a cookie! They look wonderful...!

    It has been spring here in Vancouver since January. We had the 2010 Winter Olympics here, and the tulips and roses were blooming. It was embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really love your own posting type, very unique,
    don't quit and keep creating because it simply just worth to look through it.
    excited to view much of your own web content, have a pleasant day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring has defintlly sprung here...almost summer like...loving it! Have a good one!

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...