"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday slice of life...

Thank you all for making my 200th post so much fun. I really enjoyed your comments. There is much wringing of the hands as the judge reviews the entries and decides a winner. I will post the winner and a picture of the fabulous prize tomorrow as I cannot get my photos uploaded at this time. Laura-Peach- was the first one to answer ‘square root day’ so she will be getting a prize too. Congratulations Laura. Nobody answered the surprise question which would have garnered another prize. The answer was “Anticipation” by Carly Simon…name that song.

My ‘forever’ age would be 37. I was happy, healthy, two-legged, employed, and just plain fun lovin’. I had a job that I l.o.v.e.d. and was so happy to go to everyday. And…they were happy to have me there. I felt wanted and appreciated…I miss it so. I was relatively healthy and we, as a family, enjoyed many outdoor activities together. We were involved in/with our extended families lives and spent a lot of time with them, bbq’s, picnics,
Birthdays and holidays…I miss it so. We had a beautiful home and our marriage was solid…still is. I just look back and it seems so perfect…I miss it so.

The power has been out for about two hours. I always find it strange that we can lose power on a beautiful, sunny, semi-warm day. People are probably in shock from the sunshine and drove into a post or something. I also am surprised at how quickly the house gets cold. It seems that a ten year old house should retain more heat than it does. We’ve checked the amount of insulation and all the windows, doors, but I still can’t figure out where the heat goes. Maybe the skylights?

I opened up a new package of baking mix this morning and discovered something resembling pepper in it. I quickly realized that the ‘pepper’ was moving. ACK…gah…Do you think the little critters were in the package when I brought it home from the store. This has never happened to me before….I wonder if I need to fumigate my kitchen or at the very least throw away all my ‘baking’ supplies. Seriously…I am really freaked by this.

I am considering changing ‘Hearfelt Fridays’ to something else, something more appealing or interesting or…? I haven’t decided yet, but, Fridays are the day I get the least amount of comments so I think you all are bored. After 200 posts I’m still not sure which direction I want to take this blog. I prefer not to get into politic or religion, I am confident in my feelings about both and would rather not get into that battle. With that said...how do you come up with your blog material?

4 comments:

  1. i would think you bought it that way unless it has been on the shelf for ages... I keep all that stuff either in my fridge or I get the BIG ziploc bags and put the package in it... I opened grits or flour one time and it was filled with moving things... I freaked OUT!!!!!It was a mass emptying of my cabinets and figuring a new way to store ....how do I come up with blog stuff... ummm usually pictures or some happening around here becomes blog fodder. everyone here knows a blonde moment or a mess up will be blogged.
    THANK YOu for a prize :) I missed the song question all together... scratching head...well i have been out enjoying the 80 degree temps so I have a good excuse! now i must go back and see what else i have missed!!!!!!! Congratulations on post 200 again :)
    HUgs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, I just let the blog material come to me. I love to laugh so if I get in a funk or just cant think of anything I usually find something funny.

    I love youtube, and there are so many cool videos out there that sometimes I choose one of them to post about.

    I missed the song question too! That song is my 2nd favorite Carly song, next to "you're so vain"...

    have a great day! let the blog be about what YOU want. It sometimes takes on a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I missed saying "Congrats!!!" on your 200th post day. It seems like I've been playing so hard in the dirt the last 3 or 4 days that I was too tired to sit and read. It was all I could do to let you all know I couldn't do anything.

    I'm so glad you are one of my blog friends. You make me feel better when I'm down and I love to share life with you, if that makes any sense.

    You get an "Atta boy, Girl!" from me today, albeit somewhat late, for you #200.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the song thing myself.

    I just blog on how I am at the time, or my grands, or the dogs, hubby, flowers, tomatoes in the summer...LOL.. We don't care what you blog about Jojo, just that you do blog!! It's been hard for me lately too. Now that spring is around the corner, maybe, we are due highs below freezing again this week, we can think of more things to blog about.

    Just keep on blogging!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...