"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 9, 2009

Anticipation....

well, I've had computer issues, camera issues, and just plain issues that have kept me from posting the 200th post winner. So here goes:

Coffee Bean! the judge has spoken and your words about your grandma hit a soft spot with him. Congratulations!!

AND...~Peach~ you are the winner of the 'square root day prize.' Congratulations!!

This was fun. I love giving away stuff so I think I will do it more often. Winners please e-mail me your address so I can get your prize to you. As I said, I am having computer-camera issues so I can't post pictures of the prizes. Coffee Bean---you have won a lovely silver bracelet adorned with garnet and marcasites (my personal fav) from Circle of Hope. Circle of Hope proceeds benefit cancer research so check them out if you get a chance. And ~Peach~, i've got a gift certificate for you to Mimi's Cafe.

Last night I was sitting on the sofa, all nice and cozy near the fireplace, watching my favorite show "House Hunters." My husband plopped down next to me and I turned to ask him why he was still up. I thought he had already gone to bed. He replied that he had already gone to sleep and now he was leaving for work. I slept for 7 hours in front of the t.v. without moving a stitch. The fireplace was still on, the house-lights still on, the poor dog had not been put out to do her thing...gah! So what did I do? I kissed hubs good-bye, turned off all the lights and t.v., let the dog out, then in, and went down the hall, crawled into bed and slept for another 6 hours. And I'm still tired today. I swear every time I sit down I start to fall asleep. Hello spring.

I got a call this morning from my neurosurgeons office and they have an opening this week. I was on a cancellation list. Sooo I've had to run all over town today getting all my MRI's and X-rays, my EMG's and Bone Scans....awww God I hope he can find an answer to my back and leg problems. I really don't know where to turn after this.

I am working on just being 'me' more, as you all suggested. It's not easy and it's a little scary for me. I can't think of a time when it was o.k. for me to be me so have patience.

p.s. e-mail address jmwe4(at)yahoo(dot)com

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to Coffee Bean and to Peach!! How exciting to win!!!

    I know what the reason is for sleeping and we are both on it and I do the same thing. I still wake up tired. Sometimes, I feel I am sleeping my life away, cause when I am awake, everyone else is asleep..LOL..I hope your doc appt goes great and you find out what you need.

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) ummm do i have your email address??? mine is peach867@yahoo.com and I have never heard of mimis cafe :) sounds very interesting :)
    Congratulations Coffeebean :) and I hope your camera and computer straighten up and fly right as my mom used to say :)
    I hope you get some answers at the dr's
    Big hugsssssss
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am hoping you get some answers! And congrats to the winners;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to coffee bean and Peach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positive vibes for the doctors to find an answer for you.

    I hate technical difficulties - they make me want to tear my hair out. Why can't everything just work?

    I'm with you on the sleep thing - I can't believe one little hour can mess me up so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Thank you! Wow!

    You have got a lot going on! I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers! It is so frustrating when you don't have answers. I pray your doctor can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying, jojo, really praying that this appointment will lead to THE answer your poor body needs!

    Congrats to your winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness sounds like you are having your share of health troubles!
    Hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being you is all we ask of you. You are a wonderful person who has a huge heart. I am sorry that you are feeling so crummy. I pray that the doctor figures out what is going on and finds a way to help you.

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE House Hunters and House Hunters International.

    I hope your appointment goes well. I hope he's able to give you answers and the issues are easily resolved!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...