"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear Winter,

I had composed a long letter listing the many reasons I feel you should depart as soon as possible. I decided that you have encroached far too long on my precious time to waste any of it in long diatribes. The four of us only have so much time in a year, three months to be exact. With that said I will be short and sweet with my request: Winter you MUST leave now.

thankyouverymuch,

Spring

p.s. the snow this morning...ha, not so funny.

6 comments:

  1. Oh now that's a good one. I love it!! The snow flurries we had today were also NOT FUUNNY!!!

    Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog, and oh yes, I understand all to much!!

    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having our last little cold snap before we begin to warm up and I am enjoying it. soon it will be hot, too soon. Make a pot of soup and have a fire. You could move farther south and then the cold would be a bit more appealing.
    Maybe, but you are entitled to feel however you want so banish away....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had near 80's yesterday and it's going to be 66 today. I hope your letter was heard here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its down right chilly here this am but supposed to be in the low 70's later today...cute letter to winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were all anticipating a blizzard with 5-12" of snow this last weekend, but, alas, it all went south and east. We NEED the moisture and will take it in any form we can!

    I live in NW KS. I am thankful we don't live in ND near Fargo!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...