"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Matthews' song...

...today we celebrate and today we mourn.

we celebrate the life of our beautiful first born son...all the firsts...laughter, babbling, hiccups, crying, living.

we mourn the loss of our beautiful first born son...the wrenching, soul-sucking, breath stealing end of our child's life.

Oh my sweet one, what could have been?
                              what should have been?
                              
the dreams, the plans, the skies the limit and you were so abruptly denied that chance.  I will never understand, I will never accept, I will never stop missing you. I will never stop loving you, I will never stop wondering how? why?   I will always  be broken.

Good night my lovely child...good night my beautiful boy...my beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful  boy.  (I would upload the song but blogger hates me today).

*tears*

10 comments:

  1. No words can express what I want to say today Joanne. Many loving thoughts wing their way north to you, with a heap of hugs.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy...the words do not come easily.

      Delete
  2. I've never lost a child, but my twin sister lost her oldest son to suicide. It is a pain in all of our hearts that we will never, ever, understand. My heart goes out to you. May our Lord give you grace and peace, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linds, I cannot imagine a child taking his/her own life, I am so sorry for all of you.

      Delete
  3. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful son dear Joanne. I really have no words....but love to give my dear, dear friend.
    Miss you so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June, and I miss you more!

      Delete
  4. Very nice tribute to the son you will always hold dear and love forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding on is what we do. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Joanne, may the memories you have of your son give you the strength to find meaning in this very tragic event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jim...sometimes they are hard to hold on to but we do our best and celebrate his life often.

      Delete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...